Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mr T Is Not Covering My Car, He Says I Am Out Side The Cover?

Prawn.ie

Problem with my t180 2008 model 68k miles???

My dealer has told me the head gasket has gone on my car and it will cost over £3000 to fix . He said my car is out side the limit of good will cover therefor its not covered . For good will they said Toyota will cover some costs and I will only have to pay £2200.00 . I bought private a 2nd hand Toyota with full service toyota history for the reliability of Toyota and the back up of a full service history . This has been a mistake where do I stand . Car has 68000 miles and is 2008. Can any one help ??

When did you buy the car? If it was recently the fault may have been present when you bought it.

From your post, it isn't clear what the dealer has told you - your post says that it is outside the limit of goodwill cover, yet later in your post you state that Toyota will provide a goodwill contribution leaving you with £2200 to pay !!

Has the dealer said that your car is outside the extended warranty Toyota gave to some engines?

Bought the car 2months ago . Yes dealer said its just outside the extended warranty.

It's my understanding that Toyota goodwill cover for this fault was extended to seven years or 100.000 miles.

It may be a good idea to contact Toyota direct to see how you stand.

Yes it does seem a bit odd. Looks like someone at the dealers has made a mistake. Extended warranty is well known on here, sure your car's too young to be outside the extended warranty period is it not?

You posted on this subject last month, what happened since then? Has it not moved on since then?

Kingo :thumbsup:

Hi King Top

The car was taken in last week to explore the problem as I started to lose water recently, coolant , I was told yesterday the cylinder head now needs replaced costing me £2200.00 that's discount of 30 percent ? Apparently

Also Toyota dealer said I am out side the date of cover, the production date was feb 2008 and retail date sept 2008 and dealer say cut off production date nov 2007?? Car has 68K miles

I would contact Toyota direct or another dealer.

The production cut off date for Avensis on the original TSB that we have a copy of is February 2009... this includes early T27 production.

Two faults are known to exist on models fitted with the 2.0 & 2.2ltr AD engines:

Head gasket failure, this was counter measured in Feb 2007

Excessive oil consumption counter measured in mid 2009

Both faults have extended warranty cover of 7 years 1111946 miles ONLY on cars built before the counter measures. So if Brian's Avensis was built in 2008 and "only" has a failed head gasket and not excessive oil consumption then his dealer is correct his car is not covered by the warranty extension.

There is only one exception that Toyota will accept which has to be supported by photographs of carboned and gunked up pistons from the dealer, and this is head gasket failure caused by excessive carbon build up on the piston crowns which causes a phenomenon called "Carbon stamping" which damages the head gasket. Toyota accept this as carbon build up is caused by excessive oil consumption for which Brian's car would still have some cover.

I assume from previous posts that the engine has been stripped and there is no evidence of carbon stamping and therefore no extended warranty cover.

I have been told by Toyota dealer that the cylinder head has warped and this has also compromised the head gasket