Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How To Activate "follow Me Home" Headlight Relay Avensis 2013

nguyendung

Hello forums members,

I've recently got Avensis 2013 (T27), couldn't figure out how to activate "Follow me home". The spec says my trim level has it, but couldn't found anywhere in the owner manual. Anybody here has experience with this?

Tried to leave headlight on high beam then lock the car, but it doesn't turn off.

Much appreciate

My 59 plate TR has lights which stay on for a bit after I've locked the car, actually until I open the driver's door. I assume it's the same feature. It definately works when the headlights are on "auto" setting, and generally speaking they would be on dip (low beam) when I switch engine off. I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere in the manual that they can be set to different settings ie to stay on for a set period instead etc, but I'm also fairly certain it says only Toyota can alter the settings.

Try yours with lights on auto, and failing that, ask Toyota about it.

Pull the light switch towards you after you've shut the engine. That activates the follow-me home function. Each pull adds an additional 30secs up to 2 minutes.

My wife's Yaris 2013. This works by having the auto lights on turn the engine off and then flash the headlights, they then stay on dip beam for 30 seconds. It may be the same set up...... Good luck,

Yay!

Just figure it out! Now it works fine.

Thank you guys, cheers!

Hey I think I'll try that. Maybe mine'll do it too.

Nah, doesn't change with flipping the main beam. Still stays on til I open the drivers door.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links