#1 starletsy

starletsy

Top Rank Poster!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • Toyota Model: Glanza V

Posted 29 April 2004 - 10:30 AM

British roads aren't what they used to be. Speed cameras, potholes and traffic have spoiled all the fun and this is particularly frustrating now that the machinery we drive has moved on so dramatically. Thankfully, the JapShow at Santa Pod Raceway is the perfect antidote to a winter of British road restrictions and kicks off on the 19th and 20th of June.

The show is a massive two-day event just for owners of Japanese cars and focuses around public track time and a search to find the fastest road-legal machinery. The JapShow is a safe and legal way to test your car's performance to the limit, and it's great for answering those long-standing questions about "which is fastest".

So whatever you've got in your driveway, from a modified Micra through to a fire-breathing NSX, you will be welcome at the Jap Show and we'll be keen to see what you and your car is capable of on the track. We can tell you now- this is going to be THE BIG ONE for fans of all Japanese cars. See you there!

I been in contact with Santa Pod and booked a club space with camping cars should be on the new tarmac and camping on the grass.

You can get your tickets in advance from Santa Pod...

Prices are:

Advance Tickets Sat: 9 Sun: 9 Weekend: 20

Gate Tickets Sat: 12 Sun: 12 Weekend: 25

TRACK FEE (3 RUNS) 12 (driving license required)

Tickets can be booked buy calling Santa Pod on 01234 782828

Or booked online at Jap Show

What i need is for people that are going to post below and let me know how many people are coming then i can ask for the correct amount of passes and space from the organizers.

Thanks

Simon

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 knowlson

knowlson

Gold Member Too!

• Advanced Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • Toyota Model: AE86

Posted 29 April 2004 - 10:36 AM

Ill check tonight but I think we are taking 2 cars and there will be 5 people coming :thumbsup:

This should be a good weekend :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

just checked the site they have changed the format of the 1/4 :) :) it looks good :thumbsup:

After the success of the Japanese Performance Show at Santa Pod back in October 2003, it was decided that there was more than enough competitors to justify splitting the competition into separate categories that would identify the fastest cars in a number of manufacturer-based classes for future Japanese car events, including the Japshow in June and The Japanese Performance Show in October. This was as a direct result of requests from the public and press for more info on the times run by a variety of popular models, and should separate most models from the ever-dominant Skylines!

The new classes are as follows:

A Nissan/Datsun

B Toyota/Lexus

C Honda/Acura

D Mitsubishi/Proton

E Subaru

F Mazda

G Suzuki/Daihatsu/Isuzu

X All other vehicles and non-road legal

Edited by knowlson, 29 April 2004 - 10:39 AM.

#3 jerry phipps

jerry phipps

Top Rank Poster!

• Super Moderator
  • 4,310 posts
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: GTS MR2 Turbo in Super Red & Honda Civic Type S in Alabaster Silver

Posted 03 May 2004 - 10:15 PM

So how many people are coming from loc / toc? Need to get a decent number together then guys and girls :thumbsup: Would love to go but if theres not a lot of people going then i'll give it a miss :crybaby:

jerry!!

#4 Boro Sera

Boro Sera

Northern 10 pin Champion

• Registered Member
  • 8,041 posts
  • Toyota Model: Sera

Posted 03 May 2004 - 10:25 PM

I like the sound of this one, but I'll have to check work commitments before I say yes or no. Went to the October one last year.......Freezing, but excellent.
As for the ever dominant skylines......10.01 @ 156MPH for a SS quarter. If you have a car that can do that and is still road legal, it really deserves to be ever dominant. WOW.

Rich

#5 jerry phipps

jerry phipps

Top Rank Poster!

• Super Moderator
  • 4,310 posts
  • Toyota Model: GTS MR2 Turbo in Super Red & Honda Civic Type S in Alabaster Silver

Posted 03 May 2004 - 11:14 PM

Yes i remember that :thumbsup: The sumo powered skyline :yes: Thats one awesome car there. Would love to have a go in that car up the strip :drool: :drool: :drool:

jerry!!

#6 FineCactus

FineCactus

Advanced Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • Toyota Model: Toyota Corolla G6R

Posted 04 May 2004 - 03:28 AM

:thumbsup: I'll be there for sure!

As ive said before im only just down the road. I'll come along for 1 day not the full weekend. So what day do we have the most people wanting to attend?????? AND i wanna see some of you rolla boys flying the flag this time :lol:

by any means count me in :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

#7 knowlson

knowlson

Gold Member Too!

• Advanced Members
  • 3,567 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 09:59 AM

AND i wanna see some of you rolla boys flying the flag this time :lol:

Ill be there buddy the rolla will be on the track this time :lol: :lol:

Peter wanted to know if you could get the girl in the blue spandex to come again??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#8 FineCactus

FineCactus

Advanced Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • Toyota Model: Toyota Corolla G6R

Posted 04 May 2004 - 04:47 PM

[Peter wanted to know if you could get the girl in the blue spandex to come again??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Ive not seen her down the pub :beer: for a while, but i'll keep an eye out for her and her camel! :o

What day are you coming or you staying over night?

#9 knowlson

knowlson

Gold Member Too!

• Advanced Members
  • 3,567 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 08:15 AM

[Peter wanted to know if you could get the girl in the blue spandex to come again??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Ive not seen her down the pub :beer: for a while, but i'll keep an eye out for her and her camel! :o

What day are you coming or you staying over night?

We are probably going to go for both days mate and stay over :thumbsup:

:lol: :lol: Keep an eye out for that camel :o :o ;) ;) :D

#10 Ken

Ken

Top Rank Poster!

• Advanced Members
  • 3,353 posts
  • Toyota Model: Toyota Avensis Turbo

Posted 18 May 2004 - 11:19 AM

Count me in Si and i'll be camping overnight as well :thumbsup:

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users