Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jap Show Santa Pod

starletsy

British roads aren't what they used to be. Speed cameras, potholes and traffic have spoiled all the fun and this is particularly frustrating now that the machinery we drive has moved on so dramatically. Thankfully, the JapShow at Santa Pod Raceway is the perfect antidote to a winter of British road restrictions and kicks off on the 19th and 20th of June.

The show is a massive two-day event just for owners of Japanese cars and focuses around public track time and a search to find the fastest road-legal machinery. The JapShow is a safe and legal way to test your car's performance to the limit, and it's great for answering those long-standing questions about "which is fastest".

So whatever you've got in your driveway, from a modified Micra through to a fire-breathing NSX, you will be welcome at the Jap Show and we'll be keen to see what you and your car is capable of on the track. We can tell you now- this is going to be THE BIG ONE for fans of all Japanese cars. See you there!

I been in contact with Santa Pod and booked a club space with camping cars should be on the new tarmac and camping on the grass.

You can get your tickets in advance from Santa Pod...

Prices are:

Advance Tickets Sat: £9 Sun: £9 Weekend: £20

Gate Tickets Sat: £12 Sun: £12 Weekend: £25

TRACK FEE (3 RUNS) £12 (driving license required)

Tickets can be booked buy calling Santa Pod on 01234 782828

Or booked online at Jap Show

What i need is for people that are going to post below and let me know how many people are coming then i can ask for the correct amount of passes and space from the organizers.

Thanks

Simon

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ken

• jaxx

• starletsy

• knowlson

Ill check tonight but I think we are taking 2 cars and there will be 5 people coming :thumbsup:

This should be a good weekend :thumbsup::thumbsup:

just checked the site they have changed the format of the 1/4 :) :) it looks good :thumbsup:

After the success of the Japanese Performance Show at Santa Pod back in October 2003, it was decided that there was more than enough competitors to justify splitting the competition into separate categories that would identify the fastest cars in a number of manufacturer-based classes for future Japanese car events, including the Japshow in June and The Japanese Performance Show in October. This was as a direct result of requests from the public and press for more info on the times run by a variety of popular models, and should separate most models from the ever-dominant Skylines!

The new classes are as follows:

A Nissan/Datsun

B Toyota/Lexus

C Honda/Acura

D Mitsubishi/Proton

E Subaru

F Mazda

G Suzuki/Daihatsu/Isuzu

X All other vehicles and non-road legal

Edited by knowlson

So how many people are coming from loc / toc? Need to get a decent number together then guys and girls :thumbsup: Would love to go but if theres not a lot of people going then i'll give it a miss :crybaby:

jerry!!

I like the sound of this one, but I'll have to check work commitments before I say yes or no. Went to the October one last year.......Freezing, but excellent.

As for the ever dominant skylines......10.01 @ 156MPH for a SS quarter. If you have a car that can do that and is still road legal, it really deserves to be ever dominant. WOW.

Rich

Yes i remember that :thumbsup: The sumo powered skyline :yes: Thats one awesome car there. Would love to have a go in that car up the strip :drool::drool::drool:

jerry!!

:thumbsup: I'll be there for sure!

As ive said before im only just down the road. I'll come along for 1 day not the full weekend. So what day do we have the most people wanting to attend?????? AND i wanna see some of you rolla boys flying the flag this time :lol:

by any means count me in :thumbsup::thumbsup:

AND i wanna see some of you rolla boys flying the flag this time :lol:

Ill be there buddy the rolla will be on the track this time :lol::lol:

Peter wanted to know if you could get the girl in the blue spandex to come again??? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

[Peter wanted to know if you could get the girl in the blue spandex to come again??? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol:

Ive not seen her down the pub :beer: for a while, but i'll keep an eye out for her and her camel! :o

What day are you coming or you staying over night?

[Peter wanted to know if you could get the girl in the blue spandex to come again???  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

:lol::lol:

Ive not seen her down the pub :beer: for a while, but i'll keep an eye out for her and her camel! :o

What day are you coming or you staying over night?

We are probably going to go for both days mate and stay over :thumbsup:

:lol::lol: Keep an eye out for that camel :o :o ;) ;) :D

• 2 weeks later...

How many people are doing the full two-day staying over thing then?

I will be mate so will Ken and maybe Jaxx don't know about others go on mate a weekend of it few :beer: on sat night with a BBQ

Sounds good, hoping to make it for the two days. What are the camping arrangments like?

Sounds good, hoping to make it for the two days. What are the camping arrangments like?

Lets put it this way I think they have 1 set of bogs and showers. Which were nice and bling bling in the 80's :lol:

Although loads of shows and meets are there throughout the year with many people camping they dont spend much money on that side of the business.

i stil wanna camp all wkend so si ill c u there an u jerry!

Nicola & I will be there. I will definately be parking up with TOC if we have a stand. Not sure where Nicola will park yet...

I would like to take the car on the 1/4 - especially seeing the format, but I don't know if I'll have the money lying about (still trying to save for another MR2) :rolleyes:

dammit,

really wanted to go to this but its my school leavers ball on the saturday and my grandfathers 90th birthday on the sunday. i swear life aint fair to me anymore

ed

After yesterday at the pod I cant wait to have another couple of goes on the 1/4 mile :D :D

How can I make my car faster by then :lol::lol:

Just to add on from Garricks post, we will be at the pod on the Saturday, but my car probably won't be on the stand (just this once).

Right then for people that want a pass to get on the stand please P.M. me then i will send you my address, you then need to send me a stamped addressed envelope which i will then put a pass in and send back to you.

YOU NEED TO GET TICKETS YOURSELF :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Simon

I've reconsidered my decision to go to JAPS in Nottingham the following weeks (no mention of it on TOC at all) so I'll be a the Pod instead. PM on its way Simon

Jon i believe Ken is sorting something for !Removed! but i rekon Pod will be the bigger show look at last year!!

Forums

News

Membership