Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

4Efe Engine Swap To A 4Age 20V Blacktop

condon95

Hi All

Im new to this and am reaching out for ye guys to give me good sound advice.

I have a 97 4efe G6 Corolla.I am planning on swapping the engine with a BZR 4age 20v Blacktop.

I have an the entire Levin (EVERY BIT OF THE CAR) and im hoping its just a straight up swap into the Corolla.

Does anyone have any experience in this swap?I have heard and seen that it can be done but I

want to know what sort of problems I could run into :g:

Cheers

toyotatomes on here done this conversion, use the search to find threads.

Kev.

toyotatomes on here done this conversion, use the search to find threads.

Kev.

Cheers kev.

Just posted on his page so hopefully I should get some answers...

Dave

most things are straight swap from levin to corolla,

same engine bay and chassis underneath

use levin gearbox and shafts but if its 6speed i think youll need to change the cables

if its 5 speed you should be ok

engine mounts are fine,

pipes are an easy mod no matter what but either the corolla or levin ones would do the job

wiring is the major problem youll find as this wont cross over from car to car

youll need to chop and rewire but ive done a few and it aint too bad but then again you need to no your way around the loom, if u have wiring problem i have ripped a few corolla looms apart so i no my wires lol

Thanks for getting back to me on this!

I have my head around the mechanics of it,gearbox,engine,drives,mounts etc for it to fit in the corolla.

The only thing that I need to get my head around is the loom.I was under the impression because I have

a full Levin car and the engine,gearbox,wiring loom,ecu,ignition barl,key are all on a pallet and engine ticks over,

all I would have to do is fit engine and gearbox,run the loom through the bulk head connect the ECU and ignition

barl and she should start :g:

Can you elaborate on what is needed to be done and this wiring and would you have any wiring diagrams.

Cheers bud,your a life saver.....

well dont think that will work as more than likely none of the plugs will match up

for example the fusebox up near the Battery controls efi relay. fan. horn lights etc and has all the main fuses. the loom unplugs from this and unplugs from just inside the car near the ecu. theres wires goin to dash like engine light. oil light etc.

theres some chopping to be done.

what i do is use corolla loom and take out all the 4efe stuff like sensors and injector wires and so on and then add in all the blacktop stuff which run from ecu the sensors. no chopping needed here i only join whats needed like main powers etc.

i did 2 conversions and both started first pick

where are u in cork?

i have the wiring diagrams here so there a great help

Thanks man,your after clearing alot of things for me!Between me and my buddy its only the wiring we`re having the

issue with because we can only visualize it and don't have the experience.Do you have any pics on doing this wiring?

I thought the chassis number was ae111.But it actually is ee111.Will this make any difference?The leven mounts look

like there the same as the corolla.

I'm in Crosshaven,where you located?

if i showed u pics of the wiring id confuse ye more lol

are ye mechanics or butchers or do ye give yer time yachting around crosshaven haha

im down in west cork

ha ha,langer :DIm far from a yachtie anyway.Im a Toolmaker but have done a fair bit of work on cars and my buddy is a

heavy duty mechanic and is always working on cars too,he's **** hot.So between the two of us we should be laughing to get her

running.fingers crossed....

When im doing the wiring it would be great to get some help of you!I dont plan to be at that stage for antoher while because

the Levin I had plan to do it with,the engine wasnt great.

What about the chassis number,will this make much of a difference?

Where in west cork are you?

im between skib and clon.

ya id help.out with the loom no bother.

yerra all d levins are pretty much d same. and all parts are interchangable. even rear disc brake back axle is same. front levin brakes are bigger too so this mite b a worthwhile swop. shocks and things swop over too but not the front superstrut ones. ae101 corolla and levins share the same parts too which is right handy. i went a harder route by putting in a 2.0 turbo from a gt4 st205 celica. alot of things didnt match up like mounts. hoses. basically everything ha so urs is away more straight forward and a nice bit of power too

Ha,your right there.Some job id say.Animal of a thing.....

The car I was hoping to use for the swap,engine is kinda noisy.Its sound a bit like a diesel,ticking noise.

What could this be?I was told it could be the tappets or shims,and possibly worn cam shaft.Or a faulty

vvt solenoid.Would you have any idea on this???

No its not that,the car is gone now anyway.He wanted to much for what it was worth!

So back to the car hunting for the levin.Been looking around everywhere,just looking

for the right one and im in no rush.Any recommended places???

Im inside the factory and im only disgusted im not out in the sun drinking a beer.....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links