Save Up To 15% Off For Members
    • 1000's Of Toyota Cars For Sale
      1000's Of Toyota Cars For Sale
    • Huge Range of Toyota Parts
      Huge Range of Toyota Parts
    • Get Your Club Gear!
      Get Your Club Gear!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

FROSTYBALLS

Engine Oil

61 posts in this topic

Does it really make much difference between using 0w 20 (which is recommended for my Auris 1.33 2011), and 5w 30 (which is cheaper) ?

Yes it should be 0w 20, ( API SN/SM; ILSAC GF-5) it is the PREFERRED grade, however, you can use 5w 30 PFE, API CF; ACEA A5/B5 C2, as an option. it's your car, you pays yer money..................

1 person likes this

In both my Auris, I found economy to be better using 0W-20

1 person likes this

The 0w 20 oil is a premium oil, it has much better lubrication and fuel efficiency characteristics, hence that is reflected in the price

1 person likes this

I have got some 0W 20, but I am interested to know if this is recommended mainly for fuel economy, and that the 3w 30 is just as good ?

Think it is economy and efficiency as this preference came about when Toyota introduced their Optimal Drive engines. I've found that my Auris are more economical with the 0W-20 than the 5W-30.

1 person likes this

Have just changed the oil and used 0w 20 , just to be on the safe side. It was pretty straight forward, still not sure if 5w 30 does any harm though.

5W30 will do no harm whatsoever assuming it meets the basic quality requirements (nothing to do with the 5W30 rating). The same applies to the 0W20.

For extended high speed cruising (eg motorway) and enthusiastic A road driving then the 5W30 could well be a 'better' choice in terms of oil consumption, particularly as mileage increases.

1 person likes this

I am looking to do an oil change on my 2007 Auris 2.0 Litre D4D (fitted without a DPF). Checking the owners manual it recommends an oil with a specification of ACEA B1 and API CF4 or CF. Looking at the specifications of most oils currently on the market they have a low saps rating and most have an ACEA C+ rating, which I believe are for vehicles fitted with a DPF. Would it be beneficial to use one of these low saps oils, because of all of the engine carbon build up problems that plagues the Auris D4D model?

If not, is this oil any good http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-84114-fuchs-titan-supersyn-f-eco-dt-5w-30-fully-synthetic-engine-oil.aspx it's for a Ford but seems to be the right spec according to the handbook.

Think I'd stick with 5W-30, rather than low saps. The Fuchs oil from Opie looks OK.

Have you also looked at Amazon?

Example https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fuchs-TITAN-5W-30-Performance-Engine/dp/B00MV268N8/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1475878655&sr=8-6&keywords=5w-30+oil+for+diesel

I use petronas engine oil and have done for some years and it's great 

In the end I decided to go with Motul 8100 Eco-Nergy 5W-30 Fully Synthetic. Excellent reviews and matched the Toyota (without DPF) specifications.