Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Correct Oil 2.0 D4D

paigerich

Hi

I've got a Corolla 2.0 D4D which is due an oil change. I've just bought some Castrol Magnatec 5W 30 (fully synthetic) A1.

Is this any good for my car? If not what is?

Many thanks

Paigerich

See pinned topic 'Engine Oil' at top of Corolla Club home page

Hi frostyballs,

Yeah, I read that before I posted. Sadly all that tells me is that I need 5W 30 for the 2.0 D4D. For me a amateur mechanic there's all the other stuff that goes with. A1/B1 etc etc.

I know it's a bit vague but all I wanted was a yes or know.

Thank you

Rich

"These grades above are listed by Toyota as they meet the following required specifications:

API grade SL or SM multigrade engine oil
API grade SL “Energy-Conserving”. SM “Energy-Conserving” or ILSAC* multigrade engine oil.

Toyota can only require the oils used meet the minimum specifications above. So long a the oil used meets the above the oil grade is not enforceable."

According to the Halfords site that your link is to, Castrol Magnatec 5W-30 A1 has the following spec

• API SL CF
  • ILSAC GF-3
  • ACEA A1 B1

So Yes

Ok thank you

I'd be very careful about using Castrol Magnatec 5W-30 A1! Lots of problems... Go for Mobil 1 ESP or Motul or Shell Helix Ultra Extra...

Hi mistermena

Thanks for that but why? Isn't it a good oil? According to the bottle, it is Toyota approved, so I don't understand but I'm more than willing to listen other peoples opinions especially if they have experience of it.

Thanks again

I think if you look at some posts that member "CharlieFarlie" made I think that will explain some issues!... As far as I remember after using that oil in his RAV T-180 the engine died!...

• 1 year later...

Hi there,

I drive with Castrol Edge 5w30 ( I am not sure about the A grade though, will check on the bottle). I have done more than 3000km and I can say the engine works great.

No problems whatsoever.

As far as I remember after using that oil in his RAV T-180 the engine died!...

I hardly reckon this is the only ( if it is at all) reason for the engine to die!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links