Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris 1,4 D4D Increasing Oil Level

Toyotisti

Hello

I have Auris and it's manufacturing year is 2010, and it's facelift with dpf, and 131000 kilometres

I just noticed that engine oil level has incresed since i couple weeks ago checked it. So do anyone else have these same problems?

Easiest way is change oil, but i don't think that it will last long or fix the problem.

Then I noticed this video:

http://www.firstpost.com/topic/organization/toyota-toyota-14-d4-d-1nd-tv-euro-4-euro-5-engine-oil-consumpti-video-N4qwFE8jTzc-181-1.html

And bulletin: TSB EG-0017T-0411

Does anyone have done these jobs with dealer, or have any other information about these?

Sorry, my English is a little bit rusty...

Hello, not had this problem myself, but over on the Yaris Site there's a guy, Stuart303, with the same problem.

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/83465-yaris-diesel-how-many-mpg/page-6

.....your English looks pretty good to me.

Does anyone know how to change DPF itself? Is that possible? Is it plug and play, or do I have to do some computer work also.

And which parts I have to change?

Both of these or just another?

25051-33090 CATALYST MAKE/CATALYST ID/ONBOARD DIAGNOSIS:YES OR NO (THIS INDICATION COMPLIES WITH EC DIRECTIVE.)=TOYOTA/33090/Y

25052-33020 CATALYST MAKE/CATALYST ID/ONBOARD DIAGNOSIS:YES OR NO (THIS INDICATION COMPLIES WITH EC DIRECTIVE.)=TOYOTA/25052-33020 /Y

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know how to change DPF itself? Is that possible? Is it plug and play, or do I have to do some computer work also.

And which parts I have to change?

Both of these or just another?

25051-33090 CATALYST MAKE/CATALYST ID/ONBOARD DIAGNOSIS:YES OR NO (THIS INDICATION COMPLIES WITH EC DIRECTIVE.)=TOYOTA/33090/Y

25052-33020 CATALYST MAKE/CATALYST ID/ONBOARD DIAGNOSIS:YES OR NO (THIS INDICATION COMPLIES WITH EC DIRECTIVE.)=TOYOTA/25052-33020 /Y

I think I have to change DPF, because cycle of regeneration is approx. 100 kilometres... Can I change it myself and do I have to change both of those parts, or just one of these. I would be very happy if someone can help me!

If your oil level is increasing just replacing the DPF will not cure it, as you have seen in the video there is a whole set of tests & repairs to be done/carried out to stop the fault. In all the repairs we have done at my dealership none have needed a new DPF ( they have all cleared during a forced regen ) all have needed new short motors, ECU reprogramming & some have needed new injectors.

Also Toyota Europe have extended the warranty for Oil level increasing / Oil consumption on the later 6 speed 1ND engines to 5years/160000kilometers subject to reasonable service history so I would take your car to your dealer and get it repaired under warranty.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Car was today at 135000 km service. They said that new half motor is needed, but not sure how much I have to pay. They will ask it from importer, but with my luck I have to pay the whole thing.

Are you in Europe? I can't tell where you are. If you are in Europe then the warranty for this fault has been extended as I posted above

I live in Finland, and all services are done by Toyota dealer. So I hope it's done by importer. But I will tell the result here when I get it!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again!

Good news, Toyota changes half-motor and turbo. So, happy ending with this car.

But carfever is still rising. Maybe Verso-S 1,33 with Multidrive will be my next problem...

Hello.

i have the same Toyota Auris 2010 1.4 D4D, the oil level is increasing, i change the oil 2 times and its increasing again, i think it is diesel coming in the oil, can somebady help me? thank you

Look at Devon Aygo's post on the first page of this topic - take it into your Toyota dealer

ok thx, but its toyota mistake and they need to repair my car, or i need to pay to change half engine? the car is not in insurance it have 120000km

who can help where can ai find:?

THE TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN FOR
TOYOTA 1.4 D4-D 1ND-TV Euro 4, Euro 5 - Engine oil consumption / Engine
oil level increase TSB EG-0017T-0411

Watch

As I said in posts # 6 & 8 there is a warranty extension for this fault get your car to a dealer and quote the TSB mentioned earlier. Access to the bulletin is useless unless you have Toyota's diagnostic equipment

ok, thx,somebady know which oil i need to put for Toyota Auris 1.4 D4D with DPF, 120000Km?! ow30 c2? 5w40 c3? thank you

Look at the first post on the Auris Club - 'Engine oil'.

1.4 D4d with DPF uses 0w30 C2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again...

I get my car back at wednesday (after 3 weeks waiting), with new half motor, wacuum pump, turbo and all oil and other liquids changed. Today I noticed big oil and coolant water pool under my car... I have to wait for monday to get some information how we now proceed.

I'm not happy anymore, too much troubles for me.

• 10 months later...

If your oil level is increasing just replacing the DPF will not cure it, as you have seen in the video there is a whole set of tests & repairs to be done/carried out to stop the fault. In all the repairs we have done at my dealership none have needed a new DPF ( they have all cleared during a forced regen ) all have needed new short motors, ECU reprogramming & some have needed new injectors.

Also Toyota Europe have extended the warranty for Oil level increasing / Oil consumption on the later 6 speed 1ND engines to 5years/160000kilometers subject to reasonable service history so I would take your car to your dealer and get it repaired under warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Toyota OC

Hi Devon Aygo. Where did you hear about the extended warranty?

Hi Devon Aygo. Where did you hear about the extended warranty?

Devon Aygo works for a UK Toyota dealership.

OK, thanks. I'm looking for some kind of official statement I can use. Does anybody know where I can find that?

For?