Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ccarina E Rear Brake Conversion

crzybkr

hello all. i am only new here but have seen some interesting topics. i was thnking of converting my 1997 carina E gs 1.8 rear brake from drum to disc. what would be the problems i might meet. what other model would fit mine please?

i have been reading that celica parts will fit my car. does anyone have any idea which celica i need to go for and how much do i need to change eg suspension, brake lines, hand brake, etc. i REALLY HATE the drum brakes. what other info do i need to supply here (sorry newbie here)?

also my car is 126 hp, but everywhere i look it says it should be 107hp. it is listed as a e gs but would someone have changed the engine at some point, perhaps the ed3 engine which is 126 hp

Firstly, is your car wheels 4stud or 5stud?

sorry, they are 5 stud. and i was wrong about hp. it is 107 hp.

• 1 month later...

ok, so i still thinking of doing this conversion and have been asking around about it. it seems the celica is the only other model that i can salvage parts off for the back brakes. can anyone tell me if the anti roll bar etc will be in the same positions or woll i have to use the entire rear axle.