Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Which Yaris?

spoofpig

im looking to buy a yaris for the wife for a 50 miles commute to work, 4 doors would be nice as a baby seat will be in the back, any preferred model??? anything i need to look out for. Our main car is a rav and i love it never owned toyotas before but i like the quality of them budget between 3 to 4 thousand

Yaris's have evolved over the years but have always been sound and generally reliable cars

Best advice is to go for the newest model that you can afford whilst taking mileage and general condition into account

The best Yaris is clearly the Mk1 T-Spirit D4D 5-door :D

• Like 1

The best Yaris is clearly the Mk1 T-Spirit D4D 5-door :D

+1

• Like 1

i see the ones you have lol

• Like 1

i see the ones you have lol

Of course.

Most people will defend their choice of [consumer item/partner/whatever] rather than admit they made a mistake. That's what car adverts are doing - they aren't trying to convert people, they are reassuring those who already have that make/model that they made the right choice (and will come back for more).

I'd have to say the mk2 D-4D.

I'm more wary of the Mk2 and Mk3 D4D's - They have DPFs and dual-mass flywheels unlike the Mk1, and tend to develop more problems if only ever driven around town. The Mk1's EGR can get sooted up under similar conditions but is easy to clean; The DPFs are trickier.

If being used for a regular 50 mile commute tho', that won't be a problem, and the diesel one is deffo the way to go in that case too as it loves long runs like that! :)

The newer ones have better equipment but are larger, don't have digital dashboards and no sunroof. Mk1 and 2 have quite bouncy suspension which results in a fair bit of body roll, Mk3 is much stiffer so corners more confidently, but ride quality is more like the Aygo's.

All 3 have ISOFIX attachments for baby seats.

a decent mk1 i think thanks guys

I have a MK1 D4D T3 only thing it lacks in general use is Aircon . Had it for 60k in 3 years and very happy with it

ive seen a few less than 30000 miles petrol versions is the diesel engine that better than the petrol or not much difference
?

The Mk1 diesels are extremely rare, esp. low mileage T-Spirits with 5-doors!

They only made them between 2003 and 2005 IIRC so there a lot fewer than any of the other models; I've seen them still go for ~£4-5000!! :eek: You can get an equiv. spec petrol one for half of that fairly easily!

It is as economical than the 1.0 petrol, cheaper to tax, and is more powerful than the 1.3L petrol which is partly why we consider them the best one, but the downside is the scarily high initial cost.

You can pick up lower mileage Mk2 D4D's for the same price, or even less!

TBH, for your use case, the Mk2 would be just as good; The main advantage of the Mk1 is it has less stuff to go wrong but with a regular 50-mile commute the Mk2 would get enough of an airing that you won't get any of the usual clogging problems anyway. The Mk2 also has fold-flat sliding rear seats (The Mk3 loses this and the Mk1's slides but doesn't fold flat, it also doesn't have a split fold like the Mk2).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links