Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gear Knob Markings Completly Rubbed Off

joeegg

2009 model has anyone else had their markings completely rubbed off the gear knob . It really is now completely blank .

62000 Miles on the clock .

My knob's embossed... :naughty:

PM me your chassis # & I will check to see if you can buy a new top cap on its own as it is possible to do so on certain modelss

Lets review your post :

Funny , nope

Helpful, nope

Pathetic, YES

PM me your chassis # & I will check to see if you can buy a new top cap on its own as it is possible to do so on certain modelss

Thanks , PM sent .

Ok, you can buy just the top cap incl the chrome ring for your knob, contact your local dealer or PM partsking on this site and ask for 1 x 33624-09010 its cost £3-4 + vat

Ok, you can buy just the top cap incl the chrome ring for your knob, contact your local dealer or PM partsking on this site and ask for 1 x 33624-09010 its cost £3-4 + vat

Many thanks :clap:

Foot note : Cyker Stop being a smart **** , its a forum to help fellow Toyota owners, not to read your childish comments .

'My knob's embossed... '

Some versions of the series 1 Yaris did use a moulded plastic gear knob - where the gear change symbol was moulded into the top of the knob, rather than being screen printed.

'My knob's embossed... '

Some versions of the series 1 Yaris did use a moulded plastic gear knob - where the gear change symbol was moulded into the top of the knob, rather than being screen printed.

Nothing to do with an avensis then .

Thanks for invaluable input .

I was referring to Cyker's car

I was referring to Cyker's car

My bad . Soz .

My 06 Avensis had the numbers recessed but then the metal coating wore through. Got a replacement plastic one but was a different fitting. Ended up gluing it on but the glue doesn't like strong sunshine/high temperatures so now have to get a different glue.

My last 2 Yaris had the numbers embossed on but this time they're printed on. Checked today after reading this. Hope they don't wear off , though think they won't. Maybe its been caused by something the OP cleaned it with.

Well I thought that was quite funny Cyker and I might get mine done .......then again ... :no: , I prefer the well polished look mate ;) .

Pete.

You have to chose carefully. My wife has worn through the end of mine with her wedding ring..

• 2 years later...

I agree with Devon Aygo.

You can buy just the top cap including the chrome ring for your knob from your local dealer or PM partsking on this site ask for 1 x 33624-09010 the parts description is

Cover Set Gear Knob its cost £3-40 + vat.

I must have changed about 10 of these to date and can confirm removal and fitting is simplicity in itself, just use something like a blunt dinner knife and push it slightly between the black section of the Gear Knob and chrome ring then twist like you would to open a jar or can. refitting is just a matter of lining the two cut out slots on the replacement with the lugs on the gear knob then give it a firm tap with your hand, don't worry if the map is not straight as all you need to do is just turn the gear knob left or right to get it straight as the knob is just screwed on, in fact if your knob is loose (Please No Not a invite for loads of innuendos) you can tighten it by just turning it a complete turn or three.

Also if your car is under five years / 100k you could have it replaced for free under warranty though it may not be worth the hassle to save just a few quid though if it's booked in for a service or other job then why not get them to do it at the same time.

Hope this covers everything for this.

Best regards,

Mel.

• Thanks 1