Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Quiet Indicators

JB052

I appreciate the quiet indicators are a known issue, but has anyone managed to find a solution?

JB

It sounds like the flasher relay is located behind the steering column shroud.

Has anyone tried removing the shroud to see if the indicators are more audible?

Thinking about drilling a few holes to see if the noise is any louder. My car is a 2010 model with the centre dash and on these bright sunny days there is very little chance of seeing the tell-tale lamp.

JB

You have posted in the Yaris forum but your Avatar shows you as having an Aygo

I am not particularly aware of a problem with the indicator sound on the Yaris.......Which year and model do you have?

I appreciate the quiet indicators are a known issue, but has anyone managed to find a solution?

JB

I understand your problem as we have a Yaris and an Avensis which is even quieter and doesn't cancel very easily.

I have used an item similar to this on another vehicle http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motorcycle-12-volt-Indicator-Fasher-Sounder-Buzzer-/140977339890?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item20d2e77df2 or buy something from Maplins etc.

The black wire is a common earth and the red wires connect to the live feed to the indicators left and right from the stalk.

Regards Pete.

You have posted in the Yaris forum but your Avatar shows you as having an Aygo

I am not particularly aware of a problem with the indicator sound on the Yaris.......Which year and model do you have?

My apologies, the Aygo has been replaced with a 2010 5 door 1.0 litre Yaris.

The car has the instrument cluster in the centre of the dashboard, making it difficult to see the indicator tell tale light in bright sunlight and the indicator audible warning is almost non existent which in my view is a serious safety issue.

When I did a Google search on the subject it looked like it was a common problem.

JB

JB

I understand your problem as we have a Yaris and an Avensis which is even quieter and doesn't cancel very easily.

I have used an item similar to this on another vehicle http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motorcycle-12-volt-Indicator-Fasher-Sounder-Buzzer-/140977339890?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item20d2e77df2 or buy something from Maplins etc.

The black wire is a common earth and the red wires connect to the live feed to the indicators left and right from the stalk.

Regards Pete.

Thanks Pete, I will have a go at that, how did you make the physical connection?

Regards...John

JB

Regards Pete.

Thanks Pete, I will have a go at that, how did you make the physical connection?

Regards...John

My apologies, just noticed that it comes with "Scotch Type' connectors.

Regards...John

JB

Regards Pete.

Regards...John

My apologies, just noticed that it comes with "Scotch Type' connectors.

Regards...John

No problem John :thumbsup:

Pete.

• 4 weeks later...

JB

Regards Pete.

Can anyone tell me what colour wires are used for the near side/off side indicators on a 2010 Yaris?

Can anyone tell me what colour wires are used for the near side/off side indicators on a 2010 Yaris?

According to the diagram I have RH is Green and LH is Light Green.

• 1 month later...

Just to update

I removed the steering wheel shroud but it didn't make the indicators any louder, so I wired in one of the small buzzers which now beeps when the indicators are on.

I couldn't wire the buzzer into the indicator stalk which was my original intention, so its wired into the rear indicators and I adjust the volume by wrapping it in foam.