Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tyres

shogunswb

I don't speak Dutch but I would be interested to know if ESP was TC was turned off.

My take on the problem is that the IQ is very light especially at the rear & because it it designed to take two people sitting right over the rear axle it has relatively stiff suspension especially when there is no one in the back. I would imagine that fitting a rear sway bar would make the problem worse but would be very interested to know the results.

Used to have a similar problem with a rear wheel drive tipper in that it was almost impossible to pull away in the wet without spinning the wheels so always had to have a few bags of sand sitting over the axle.

As far as I am aware the only difference with the Cygnet is cosmetic, the price & the insurance group.

Have a look at this site about peoples view of the standard Bridgestone tyre on an IQ: http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyres_For/Toyota/iq.htm

The Dunlops solved the problem for me but you have to remember that no matter how good the tyres, brakes & electronics they cannot defeat the laws of physics.

Tyres are the most important safety feature on a car, cheap ones could cost you dear but the most expensive ones are not always the best by a long way.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok , so i fitted rear TRD sway bar as on leave and tbh it has not made any real difference aside from stiffen the car up more in my opinion (not by too much) but making it a lot more fun on turn ins and where it would previously wobble in and out of bends. This is without the stiffer front bushings fitted ( will do asap) and on stock springs with the Bridgestone tyres. The drop links do sit considerably low but on the speed humps have not been a problem what so ever. I guess as stated there is not much that could be done on stock wheels and tyres and i don't want to get too carried away on this as i have done in the past.

Those Bridgestone E250 tires or what's on the standard 16" rims, I'm suspecting these to be severly lacking in grip. Now that it's a little colder, I've had spinning tires more than a few times when accelerating at a traffic light. When it rains, I'm terrified.

Is it the reduced rolling resistance eco tire B.S. that's to blame, or just cheap tires ? Are there any recommended tires with good grip on wet for the tiny wheels ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links