Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What's The Latest Map Version?

bezza123

Hi all

I'm collecting my new yaris hybrid t spirt tomorrow can't wait quick question though, what is the current map version? I want to make sure it has the current map loaded as it was a car the dealer had at the showroom so not sure how long it's been sat there!

Also I read on another thread that toyota gave 3 years of free map updates is this still the care or do they charge for them? I'm assuming they charge hence why I want to make sure my car has the most up to date!

Hope someone can help

Thanks

Wayne

Toyota don't list the map data for Touch and Go cars as the updates are done by the customer using the Touch and go portal. They do however offer a "latest map guarantee" on brand new cars, your dealer should install the latest software and map data before your car is delivered. Once you have the car register on the portal, follow the instructions and you can confirm your dealer has installed the latest update, beware though as the guarantee only valid upto 240kilometers after that updates are chargeable on touch and go, only cars with touch and go + or touch and go pro get three years neither of these can be fitted to Yaris they also cost alot more to buy.

Ah ok, thank you very much. Shame my dealer doesn't have the same level of knowledge as you!

I took delivery of my new Yaris yesterday which I part-exchanged with my two year old Aygo Go.

I asked for TomTom to be added as I had had this free with the Aygo. However, upon taking delivery find that it is, in fact, not Tom Tom but Toyota's Touch and Go. Furthermore I have been advised that it will cost over £100 a year to keep it updated. I would never have paid the extra for the satnav if I had realised it was not TomTom and especially not with the cost of the updates since I could buy a stand-alone TomTom for £150 which includes map updates for life.

As you can imagine, I am not happy with this since I already have a TomTom account that I used with my Aygo which I kept up to date for £20 a year plus I paid extra for the speed camera alerts. I had been hoping to transfer this account to the Yaris as though I only have one month left on camera alerts I have 11 months left on the map updates.

That said, having played with the system is is very good and includes a lot more than a standard satnav.

Does anyone know how to add speed camera alerts as I cannot find this on the Touch and Go Toolbox. Any advice gratefully received.

Apart from this one hitch, am very pleased with the car. I did love my Aygo but this is far superior in terms of comfort and acceleration and my husband always moaned about the Aygo every time he went in it!

Touch & go already has speed camera alerts built in, there is a menu option to allow audio & visual camera warnings along with over speed warnings. So far as updating the data base, it is updated along with the map updates.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links