Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 2000 Ecu/ignition Change Problem

Middsy

Firstly id like to say hi to all members and how glad i am to find such an informative forum..

Secondly sorry to have to say it but already I need some help pretty please ....

I have a 2000 rav 4 reebok and recently the ignition barrel seized so I bought a second hand complete ignition inc the ecu and replaced both thinking this should be fine but the result is the immobiliser I think is stopping the car firing ..... Can anyone tell me the best way to rectify this and how to do any resets

Many thanks

Middsy

I seem to recall somewhere that can be a pretty complex matter to change an ECU in a car. I suspect it may be programmed to talk/recognise to other specific systems ABS etc .

I would have thought it would be easier to just change to lock barrel assembly and use your original ECU.

For an ECU change you are probably going to need access to Toyota disgnostic software to see whats happening.

Theres that many versions of the ecu that maybe you picked up one slightly different?

To be honest, I'd get the immobiliser disabled by an auto-electrician. Nothing but a hassle and when the car is getting 'old' a switch on the earth side of the ignition will do the same job, albeit a bit fiddly to fit a switch.

As my doctor said I had to lose weight, I had the immobiliser removed !! Along with the carpets and plastic panels lol

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links