Do Not Sell My Personal Information

P2002 Code

DaNSR86

Hi All

Recently my car broke down on the way to work. I had the engine check light, VSC and TC lights come up. The AA came and told me the problem code was P2002.

I've go the car in at Toyota at the moment and just wanted some guidance. I am not a slow driver and I've often seen the car regenerate.

Toyota offered two things at the moment one was to put in an upgraded fuel filter and reset the ECU, I honestly thought this was a bit of a quick fix.

The other offer was to strip the car and check the sensors and pipes for a blockage. I chose this option. I understand that has happened to other people and just wanted to get some ideas on how they went about fixing the problem. From what I've read it seems a blockage in the pipe is most probably the cause (well hoping so). If this is the case how hard is it to get at these sensors/pipes?

Thanks

Hardly any oil. It gets serviced at Toyota what ever oil they used and any time ive topped it up ive used Castrol edge 0 40 but that was a while ago. The oil was last serviced 3 weeks ago.

Gets a run down the A10 everyday for 15 to 20 miles. Most of the time 70 in 6th. Friday 70 in 5th for the rev and dpf

You need to rev it more IMO, mine normally does short runs during the week, but I give it at least a good 2,500-3,000 rpm revving for 30 miles or so in 4th gear on the motorway once it has warmed up. This should keep the dpf happy. I would also floor it on and off a few times, gets the dpf nice and hot.

Has the warning lights went out?

Na the light were still on when i gave it to Toyota, completely agree with what you said. Have tried to keep the revs high and normally never had a problem with the DPF.

Given your type of usage, I'd say there's a good chance one of the pressure differential pipes has blocked leading to the sensor relaying the code message.

I hope and pray for this one :clap: Once i get it back i will make use of the guide on cleaning out the EGR valve.

Update sadly it was the filter and ive had it replaced