Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Turbo Issues Avensis 2.2 D4D Diesel

Naz2011

Hi, I hope someone can help? My avensis 2.2 d4d diesel car recently started to smoke and over rev to 5 6000 revs automatically. Ive taken it to the local garage who quickly realised it was a turbo issue. The turbo was fully reconditioned and also I had the egr valve changed aswell as this is the only other thing that may cause the smoking. After driving the car for 2 days the same thing happened again and the turbo was gone again. After taking it back to the turbo guy he has now re-conditioned the whole turbo again. He reckons there is a issue with my engine which is causing oil to kickback into the turbo and has advised I change the whole engine. Has anyone come across this and any idea what the fix can be apart from getting a whole new engine replaced.

Thanks

it seems someone tries to make your porket an emptied.

naturally -- there are many reasons with the same outcome of smoky exhaust but not only turbo and EGR -- of course they are separate units for easy check.-- as to turbo -- i can not understsand why did they make 2nd recondition ??? what have they exactly done with turbo at 1st trial ??? now it looks like common words. is engine well started? accelerated? responsive to gas pedal?

hey thanks for reply

after 1st re-condition the turbo was making a whizzing noise which definitely wasn't right. Engine seems fine well started, accelerates good, great power etc. I cant think how it can be engine really. Only other thing was I had a leaking injector which has now been fixed. I dont know much about these things but he replaced all parts within the turbo. 2nd re-conditiion and he has done this all again replaced all parts. Hopefully it will not happen again if it does I might have to look at the engine.

it really looks strange -- he wishes to repair and repair :ermm:

a whizzing noise or whistle noise is in question ? normaly a good working turbo creates such whistle sound under load

• 9 months later...

Hi My 2007 Avensis 2.2 D4D I am having problems reading the dipstick as its showing level on one side & over on the other side what should I do as I know the oil is not over maybe a new dipstick?

I withdraw the dip-stick and wipe it with a lint free cloth re insert it then withdraw and take the reading from the side of the dipstick thats facing away from you as taking a reading, I found it was always difficult to get a true reading

Thanks I must try that,Its just it failed an NCT test on Tuesday reading there was too much oil in it I couldnt argue as the dipstick i hard to read

I'd tell the tester to go to hell! As far as i know, it is not in their remit to check stuff like that. Emissions only.