Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2012 Yaris Steering Wheel Airbag Removal

JZA80

I need to remove the steering wheel airbag unit on a 2012 Yaris. The centre unit seems to be held to the wheel by 2 sprung clips which I can see through the side hole, can anyone explain how to release these spring clips so I can remove?

2012-toyota-yaris-steering-wheel-and-ins

• 3 years later...

I have the same problem on a 2008 Yaris, took off the steering Colomn cover, I then stuck a Philips screw driver through the hole it seemed to release the plastic under the steering wheel but not the airbag so not sure if the clips actually hold the air bag There are two Tork screws just visible between the radio control and the air bag, not tried these yet as I dint have the right tork driver

• 1 year later...

im facing the same issue after removing the steering colomn cover. Cant find any screw for airbag. any help is appreciated.

2013 toyota yaris.

Remove Battery -Neg, wait min 90 secs, release Torx T30 screws either side lift Pad and disconnect Horn wires, using thin screwdriver lift Airbag connection locks, disconnect plugs and away you go. Good luck. If you're replacing it due to age, it wont matter too much if it goes off (try to stay calm)

Thank you.its different in gen3. There is no screws only clips. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links