Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Excellent Fuel Consumption.

Phil White

I filled the car to the brim and just travelled 320 miles to Cornwall and did it on half a tank!

Got stuck in traffic on the A30 for a few miles so several stop starts were included too.

I filled the car to the brim and just travelled 320 miles to Cornwall and did it on half a tank!

Got stuck in traffic on the A30 for a few miles so several stop starts were included too.

Sounds good but you need to fill to the brim again and see how much petrol you have used and hence work out the mpg.

David

if what you say is correct then you have just returned 83.2 mpg i think that must be some sort of record,

toyota make out these cars are cheap to run and return 60 ish mpg but we al know they dont

the average being in the late 40's doing normal everyday driving.

when you fill up make a note of the amount of litres you have filled up with then divide by 4.55 (convert to gallons)

then divide the 320 miles by the amount of gallons used = mpg

Around town, short trips I only get mid-40s mpg from my Aygo. I'm sure most other cars are the same. The actual mpg is far less than manufacturer's fantasy figures!

Thanks for the comments. I will indeed be filling up again to work out the true MPG but my posting was just a generalisation going by what I have done. I do suspect that even though my fuel gauge is ready to drop another bar very soon so I will see as we are off to the Bodmin railway this morning.

The Aygo has a V shaped petrol tank so the first half of the tank takes far longer to empty than the second half. As dwilson said above you need to brim the tank to work out how much fuel you actually used. I'd be susprised if you got 60mpg never mind 83mpg.

if what you say is correct then you have just returned 83.2 mpg i think that must be some sort of record,

toyota make out these cars are cheap to run and return 60 ish mpg but we al know they dont

the average being in the late 40's doing normal everyday driving.

when you fill up make a note of the amount of litres you have filled up with then divide by 4.55 (convert to gallons)

then divide the 320 miles by the amount of gallons used = mpg

60MPG is fairly achievable. I use my Aygo for the 40 mile round trip to work and over 3ish years and 30,000 ish miles my average is 60.5mpg with the max being 66.5mpg.

In my Aygo 320 miles on half the fuel gauge would probably be 60ish MPG.

Either way its the most economical car i have owned!

My best ever is just short of 73mpg a few weeks back, winter driving I'm above 58mpg range, summer driving I've usually above 65mpg - if I'm below that then it's usually due to me putting my foot down

My Aygo is as economical as my Gen2 Prius I owned previously. The Prius was much bigger and an automatic but I enjoy driving my Aygo more! I could get more mpg if I drove it less enthusiastically !

David

Well it's like my Yaris D4D - When the conditions are right you can get unbelievably good mpg, but getting above the 60's requires serious patience, some concentration, a bit of skill and a chunk of luck :lol:

I do love that my Yaris is one of the only cars I've driven that not only is anywhere near the mfg's mpg claim, but can actually exceed it :lol:

OK I had done 354 miles when I topped up the tank to the brim. It took 26 litres so I don't think I have done too bad.

Hi Phil. That's good going and = 61.9mpg as long as your tank was brimmed before you started as well.

Keep up the good work :D

Well we drove home yesterday and due to the volume of traffic we were doing about 50mph for a large part of the journey. I filled the tank to the brim before setting off on the 320miles home and covered nearly 200 miles of that on the first bar on the fuel gauge,

Not worked out the actual mpg yet.

I Have had my Aygo blue (Petrol) for over 3 years since new and I have never had more than 42 MPG around the town no matter how careful i drive it. I always check it by filling it to the top, doing at least 100 miles and filling it to the top again...dividing liters by 4.55 to give me gallons then dividing into miles traveled.

My aygo has done over 400 miles on a full tank and still has 2 bars!!

i have a 30 mile round trip to work mon to fri, I can get away with £20 worth of petrol, as it involves a non stop 12 mile straight road both ways, there is also a 22 mile round trip i could use thru town but costs more in fuel, :toot:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

since kath had an emergency c section i have been using her car and today i filled up and worked out i had a return of 55mpg so not too bad that was doing 70mph on the motorway and the car is mmt

Just done 2 full tanks in my 56 Sport, one tank mainly on the motorway @ 70, the other tank was 50/50 around town/single carriageway @ 50 to 60 mph, I saw 55mpg and 56mpg respectively. I was trying to obtain a good 'average' test of mpg and I think I got it!

I bought the Aygo to replace my 600cc motorbike (getting to old and scared to ride them now!) which oddly also returned around 55mpg. The Aygo is cheaper to tax and maintain. The days of motorbikes being cheaper to run than cars are long gone now!

My highest is 71 mpg, and the most i have done on a tank is around 460 miles i was nursing the car to the petrol station worried if i would make it, when i filled up i still had a few ltrs left.

Agreed that the second half of the tank goes down faster..

• 2 weeks later...

forget the average Mpg, get in 2nd and put your foot down! the aygo truly comes to life ahahah! id rather pay the extra just for the fun

• 3 months later...

The Aygo has a V shaped petrol tank so the first half of the tank takes far longer to empty than the second half. As dwilson said above you need to brim the tank to work out how much fuel you actually used. I'd be susprised if you got 60mpg never mind 83mpg.

Thanks for that,I've just purchased a 2006 one that had half a tank left, went n filled it up and it cost me £30+ was shocked as my mate said it'll cost around £35 to fill, now I know why x

Thanks for that,I've just purchased a 2006 one that had half a tank left, went n filled it up and it cost me £30+ was shocked as my mate said it'll cost around £35 to fill, now I know why x

My average has been £39 to fill up if that helps.....but I don't wait until it is empty!

Ive filled up my tank and took a drive from Edinburgh and ended up in Devon on 1 tank of fuel. If it were my Peugeot 106 I would have stopped twice to fill it. Aygo MPG rules!

Ive filled up my tank and took a drive from Edinburgh and ended up in Devon

You need a Sat Nav... :lol:
  • Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links