Huge Range of Toyota Parts
    • Review Your Toyota
      Review Your Toyota
    • Save Up To 15% Off For Members
      Save Up To 15% Off For Members
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

msmueller

Rav-4 Door Sill Protector Panels?

7 posts in this topic

Just purchased a 2013 RAV-4 Ltd. The door sill plate is exposed painted metal and has not type of covering, leaving it exposed to potential scratching and nicks by shoes coming in contact with it. I used to be able to find stick-on black plastic sill panels to prevent damage to sill.

Anyone know where I can buy a set of 4 custom fitted black plastic, stick on sill plate?

-Mark Mueller

Welcome to the club Mark :thumbsup:

Why not get some 3M protection film ? [trade name Ventureshield in the UK]

That way you can make up your own templates and cover exactly where you wish. It's a fairly easy DIY job and the film is available in various sizes on e-bay.

Interesting idea...might explore that option! Thanks

Surprising all mine have had scuff protectors but then i normally purchase the Rav with the protection pack, i think you can buy these from Toyota or potentially from other vendors but they may not have caught up with the new model as yet if there any differences.

Gus

Hi, sorry to jump topic. at least it's still about protection?

Gust, your profile pic, is it me or do have some sort of bonnet deflector fitted?

If it, is it Toyotas own or 3rd party?

I spotted my car Pre-delivery and what you can see is the colour of the car Decuma Gray with the delivery white plastic over the bonnet. As an aside Toyota do sell bonnet mounted deflectors for the Rav, as I have thought about getting one as it might give the bonnet some protection as it does seem prone to stone chips.

Gus

Yeh, my blue one had a hell of a lot of chips and already noticed one or two on my new one already.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By f1td
      Hi all,
       Im after some advice please, a friend went and jump started the wife's rav but first put the cables on wrong way round and has blown the 140 amp bi-metal fuse located in the black plastic cover on the pos side of the battery.  Can anyone tell me were i can get a new one other than dealer only or can I get away with soldering the gap? 
      Thanks in advance and sorry if this has already been discussed elsewhere.

Paul

:-)
    • By ASGXX
      We currently own two Rav4's here in Georgia, USA. (2011 Sport & 2016 XLE)
      We intend to bring the 2016 (built 2015) Rav4 XLE back to the UK next year. Currently US Rav4's do not have rear fog lamps fitted (only front).
      In order to comply with UK road laws we obviously need working rear fog lamps.
      My technical question is does anyone know if it is a simple swap of the rear light assembles (complete) and is the wiring harness likely to be suitable for the that transition?
      Toyota USA unfortunately are unable to answer this question, or provide a Certificate of Conformance/Emission Data! 
      Any pointers or information would be well received.
      Best, Andy
    • By DAVEXT5
      Hi all,
      Had a bit of a crash in my Rav4 XT5 and the off-side side-step had to be replaced with a new one, as these come in pairs I have the other one which i'm listing on eBay
      If anyone is after a replacement side-step please DM me - Full set costs £280 from Toyota and would consider sensible offers.
      Looking to get around £60 ono and buyer collects or arranges collection at their own cost.
      Thanks
      Dave

• By Lukas Urbanavičius
      Hello ToyotaHeads,
      So I have a problem with my 2003 2.0 D4D Rav4 that is similar as described in here: 
      As there was no real end to the discussion I ended up doing diagnostics for it. Here's the results: It came up with 3 fault codes: 
      P0101   Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Range/Performance
      P0105   Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit
      P1251 Step Motor for Turbocharger Control Circuit (Intermittent)

My question is what do these actually mean, which parts are to be looked at here, how to locate them, and are they a DIY job or is it better to leave it to the pros? Not afraid to get my hands dirty but never messed around with airflow and electronics.. Thanks!

• By abouttobebankrupt
      We have had our 2010 toyoya rav4 XTR D4D for 6 months and took it to the garage for a recall and they have now found out that our coolant is leaking and think the head gasket has failed. We are looking at a minimum of £1800 but may be way more to fix the problem. Gutted is an understatement. A friend alerted us to the fault with the toyota head gaskets and the agreement that toyota will replace an engine if the car is less than 7 years old and under 103000 miles. We fit both of these criteria but after a lot of reading on here and other sites its looks to me that the problem with the engine got sorted in 2009 which means our engine should have been fine. Is this right? Does anyone have any helpful information, we are terrified of the financial problems this could cause. 
      Thanks in advance.