Toyota Owners Club - Toyota Forum Messages

Review Your Toyota

Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours, review your Toyota now

In Memory

Les "Giddlepin" Ackroyd - 1951 to 2016  - A well missed friend to everyone. 

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

msmueller

Rav-4 Door Sill Protector Panels?

7 posts in this topic

Just purchased a 2013 RAV-4 Ltd. The door sill plate is exposed painted metal and has not type of covering, leaving it exposed to potential scratching and nicks by shoes coming in contact with it. I used to be able to find stick-on black plastic sill panels to prevent damage to sill.

Anyone know where I can buy a set of 4 custom fitted black plastic, stick on sill plate?

-Mark Mueller

Welcome to the club Mark :thumbsup:

Why not get some 3M protection film ? [trade name Ventureshield in the UK]

That way you can make up your own templates and cover exactly where you wish. It's a fairly easy DIY job and the film is available in various sizes on e-bay.

Interesting idea...might explore that option! Thanks

Surprising all mine have had scuff protectors but then i normally purchase the Rav with the protection pack, i think you can buy these from Toyota or potentially from other vendors but they may not have caught up with the new model as yet if there any differences.

Gus

Hi, sorry to jump topic. at least it's still about protection?

Gust, your profile pic, is it me or do have some sort of bonnet deflector fitted?

If it, is it Toyotas own or 3rd party?

I spotted my car Pre-delivery and what you can see is the colour of the car Decuma Gray with the delivery white plastic over the bonnet. As an aside Toyota do sell bonnet mounted deflectors for the Rav, as I have thought about getting one as it might give the bonnet some protection as it does seem prone to stone chips.

Gus

Yeh, my blue one had a hell of a lot of chips and already noticed one or two on my new one already.