Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best White Light Headlight Bulbs

forevered

ive got osram nightbreaker headlight bulbs fitted, but expect them to blow this winter as they have been in a year already, and thats how long the last ones lasted, fancy a change to the bulbs that give off a white beam of light. has anybody got some fitted and what do you guys recommend ?

Another TOC member (can't remember who it was) bought these last year for their Auris and thought they were good: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XTec-H11-Superwhite-Xenon-Gas-HID-Class-Bulbs-4200k-OEM-/370176566792?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item56303e2608

I have these Japanese bulbs fitted called Polar G 5000k, they are very white and good amount of light.

I bought mine from Hong Kong when I was over there, but have not tried looking for them over here.

I bought them back in 2010 and they have been used in 2 vehicles now and still going, obviously good quality but a little expensive.

I have tried Osram Night breaker which I thought was no good and they blew after only 1 year.

Good luck.

I've used Osram Nightbreaker Plus bulbs on my last 2 cars & found them to be a very good upgrade on standard fitment. They've also lasted over 3 years, so not sure why yours have all failed so early ?

Osram have supposed to have improved the life of the Nightbreaker bulbs - hence the Plus being added to the name.

Toyota have their own range of Optibright and Optiblue headlamp bulbs to fit most models

Kingo :thumbsup:

Toyota have their own range of Optibright and Optiblue headlamp bulbs to fit most models

Kingo :thumbsup:

What are they like and how much are they

Have they been tested by any of the mags Kingo ? I ask this because many manufacturers make bold claims & they turn out to be rubbish. Which magazine have found many so-called upgrades to be worse than standard ! I'm not saying these are rubbish, just trying to find if anyone can verify the claims ? :)

When Which? tested headlight bulbs, they tested the H& fitment in an Astra, and also included an Astra with factory fit HID lighting as a comparison. Light readings were taken at 10, 25, 50, 75 and 100 metres, at both ground level and pedestrian level (1 metre), and for dipped and main beam.

The HID set up got the highest scores (164 dipped, 141 main).

The Which? Best buys were the Osram Nightbreaker Plus (+90%)and the Bosch Pure Light.

However the Philips X-treme Power bulbs have since been uprated to +100% and Ring have brought out their xenon +120% bulbs.

Is,osram night breaker give white light or stll looks yellowish?

We had them fitted in my previous Auris, the present Auris and the Hyundai i20 - to me it seems a whiter light than the OE bulbs, though not as white as some lighting I've seen.

Just a note, if people are buying Osrams, check Amazon. When I bought ours, for the H11's in the Auris they were around a fiver or so cheaper than other sites, and for the H4's around £12-15. Have seen H7 Osrams as low as £10-12 on Amazon.

Think HIR2 bulbs are about 75% brighter than standard halogen, and are supposed to have a longer life than standard halogen.