Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Iq Buying Experience

JohnIQ2

I thought I'd devote this new thread to my Toyota buying experience.

Three months ago we decided to get a new car, and a review of the Fiats, Ford, Kia, Honda, Vauxhall and VW small cars demonstrated that the IQ was probably the best model for our purpose.

My local dealer refused to offer me any more than £100 discount to I checked the Internet and got £1,400 off one and which after £200 introduction fee left me with a good saving.

Our car is a special order and I am due to collect it in 10 days, and even after the £40 travel costs, I'm still quids in. The order process went smoothly and delivery is when we expected it and wanted it.

I'll be driving it the 150 miles home soon, and using the TNS350, having never owned a Toyota before. Quite excited really, I'll share the hand over experience and first impressions of the car in two weeks.

So, if you're interested, watch this space.

• Like 1

I've just had a cr*p experience from a car supermarket re mis-selling the state of the warranty. I won't name them, but needless to say, my wife's iQ is going back tomorrow and we're getting a refund.

Now looking for another one :-(

• Like 1

As far as toyota main dealers are concerned, my exprerience re pushy sales, empty promises, awful service, damage to my car whilst in their care, lack of contact from them and cars that are in forecourts that are not just dented to within an inch of their lives, but in one case, not even fit for driving, were as you may gather. Not good. Suzuki main dealers in comparison were more friendly, helpful and their cars better prepared, giving me initial faith in their products and a want to buy from them in the future. Around this area, there are several Toyota dealers, but they are owned by just two companies, thus giving very little choice but to buy what I considered to be sub standard stick from a sub standard dealer network. Against my better judgement, I decided to buy another IQ, but this time from a Vauxhall main dealer, the experience was more like the one I had at Suzuki a few months before and, I would buy from them again. I love my little IQ and am using it more than any if my other cars, but would never use the Toyota dealer network again.

Take note Toyota, you have already lost me as a future customer by ignoring the basics and allowing your dealer network to become shabby and hoping you can live off past reputations. Suzuki dealers are a little less posh in their buildings and serve cups of tea in large mid matched mugs, but their salespeople and service are less pushy, more able and keep promises, things that are more important to us as customers, vauxhall on the other hand seem to have the service, sales and promises all sorted, but they also have the premises and the flashy tea making facilities.

I'm buying the Missus a car in the next 3 months, due to my experience, its likely to be a suzuki, however, I won't rule out a Toyota, it just won't be from their awful dealers.

• Like 1

Hello and welcome to the forum. You are correct to be excited as a lot of fun is ahead with your new iQ.

I will be interested in your experience of buying new thorough what I assume is a broker. The saving in price is remarkable but the downside probably that your local dealer will hardly welcome you with open arms if you have any problems. A 300 mile trip to the supplying dealer is hardly practical.

I'm still surprised people still part with their hard earned cash when buying new cars instead of leasing. This is particularly relevant for the iQ as it is on a 0% deal at the moment. After 3 years I intend to hand back my leased iQ and just drive away in a new one.

Also consider the £1400 saving and the VAT you have paid will evaporate as soon as the car is driven of the forecourt as your now used car continues to depreciate as the days and miles stack up.

Each to their own , but I have leased two cars now and would never part with cash up front out take out a loan to finance a depreciating asset ever again.

Anyway , like I said, welcome to the forum you will really enjoy the iQ, it's the best car I have ever "owned" purely from a fun perspective.

• Like 1

Ian, Pm me if you want, but what sort of budget do you want? What colour are you looking for? I'm tempted to sell mine.

Fish

Ian, Pm me if you want, but what sort of budget do you want? What colour are you looking for? I'm tempted to sell mine.

Fish

Hi Dan,

Have PMd

Ian

• 3 months later...

Fantastic buying experience on 2009 IQ Toyota Hull.....cheapest car they had but cannot fault anything they did

Bought our Auris from Toyota world in Newport who were very good ,but have the car serviced and warranty work (leak in boot and seized caliper) done in Frf Toyota Bridgend who give a excellent service even though we did not buy from them.I would not be concerned about using a different dealer than you bought from ,in the current climate they all need work.:-)

Unfortunatly buying a car is just about "how much money you want to throw away", and buying a new car throws the most money away !

I bought my IQ from Toyota as an approved used. That in itself is throwing some cash at it, because you pay a premimum for a approved used Toyota !

Leasing is a good idea if you have a monthly budget for it.

And in years past I have thrown plenty on money away on all sorts of new cars, I guess it an emotional decision and experience most of the time !