Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Temperature

skirving

yeah good question. I assume it can't be in the engine bay as the heat would distort the reading.

Can't be too exposed as it would get wind chill.

Underneath the car and it would be in the shade . .

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Hi there!

The temperature sensor is located either in the front bumper behind the number plate or to one side of the bumper. You'll need to check.

Is it faulty?

<_<

You can see the sensor on mine real clear :o but I don't know because I've never had a stock toyota body... always been toyota motorsport germany (aka TTE). It's like a little round black cylinder with a green (if i remember correctly) wire leading away from it. Mine's mounted on the vertical bars connecting the slam plates behind the front bumper. :)

Hope this helps.

Deano

On the TS is where that little round cut out is on the front bumber?? You know what I mean - it looks like a mini petrol cap on the front bumper.

The front bumper cut out, is for the towing eye...don't think it has the sensor behind it.

Think mine is in the front bumper void.

The front bumper cut out, is for the towing eye...don't think it has the sensor behind it.

Think mine is in the front bumper void.

So thats wot it is! Cheers!

aye! and you should find your towing eye amougst the spare wheel, it just screws in.

I wouldn't advise "practising" as I'm sure that once the cover has been taken out a couple of times...it won't fit properly...just guessing though! Anyway...Yarii never break down!!

Vipes

• 1 year later...

look up through the bottom grill you can see an inch long little black thing... thats it ;)

possibly the wire connector may be damaged as it is exposed dierectly to the elements

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links