Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Touch And Go Navi System.

Helgelunde

Hello.

Yesterday i got my brand New Rav4.(Orderd from Toyota May this year)

I've tried to make usb fra the Toyota Touch And Go Toolbox guide.

But my navi unit doesnt have the "system information" button under settings and generell.

So therfor i cant "copy to usb"

I dont know the Version number because of the missing "System Information"

Can someone please help me?

Helge

Helge....sorry no reply yet.....please photo you Nav unit in OFF position, then in MENU position. There seem to be more variants of Touch and Go than pies for Kingo to eat.....!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I can imagine :)
Here are the pictures.
Thanks for the reply :)

I think it is Touch and go plus

Helge

post-134478-0-93860700-1380020543_thumb.

post-134478-0-35160400-1380020547_thumb.

post-134478-0-71768800-1380020548_thumb.

Helge.......after inserting USB into CAR socket, all I need to do is........

press SET UP

press GENERAL

press down arrows on extreme right of screen TWICE, which brings up......

SYSTEM INFORMATION

this then brings up the six boxes with your KEY information and Software Info (mine is 1.7.9L). At bottom of screen is the "Copy To USB" button......so where does yours differ?

Big kev.

There seem to be more variants of Touch and Go than pies for Kingo to eat.....!!!!!!!

A little harsh..............but true!!

• Like 1

You describe the same manner as the guides I've read, my problem is that the information system is not under general.

Have asked my local dealer, but they can not help me when they think this button should be the same place as you explain. They do not understand why it is not there

I can imagine :)

Here are the pictures.

Thanks for the reply :)

I think it is Touch and go plus

Helge

Yours seems way advanced compared to mine, Helge, so I presume it is indeed The Plus version. Where you confused me was trying to download from The Toolbox......this is only on the Toyota website. Have you actually plugged your USB into the car first.....? The menu will not complete in the car if no USB inserted and recognised in the CAR'S socket......sorry if that insults your intelligence.....LOL.

I'm happy for all the tips, I've tried with 3 different usb with different sizes. This I think is very strange. Which usb use, size, type?

Actual size of USB not the problem here, Helge.......the download from your car is tiny, and only an individual security key to let you access the Toyota Toolbox online (which over here is rubbish anyway.....just another give us yer cash map download site.....)

I am more disturbed that your dealer not doing more to cure the problem.....?

I would go back to the dealer and suggest that they find out or you will be forced to talk to the in country Toyota customer service suggesting how useless the dealer is.

Failing that try the Avensis forum as I believe they have the touché et depart plus as an option on the Avensis?

Gus

Thank you for the tips. I will go back to the dealer. :)

I also going to check the Avensis forum ;)

Just been on the Toyota UK website and there doesn't seem to be any difference between the T & G and the T & G+, have you hit the down arrow as the system info normally sits on the second screen?

Gus

Yes. I Hit the down arrow to the last page. And ther is an black button without text and disabled.
I think this is strange, There Is nothing about the system information in the user manual ho followed the car and the navi unit.

I've just read the hole book.

I can't find anything about System Information or "copy to usb" in the hole user manual.

This is *only* a reasoned guess, but, to me, this unit looks like what is refered to as the touch and go pro, not the touch and go or the touch and go plus.

Remember, specifications vary by market. I believe here in the UK, the T&G+ is the top unit available in the RAV and I expect it is fitted on import at the import centre.

Toyota Norway may have different arrangements. This to me looks like a Japanese designed and made (or at least spec'ed) unit, not one of the European designed touch and go range of units.

As such, I expect it was fitted in the factory in Japan.

Go and look on Toyota GB website blog. There are "observations" about similar units in the Prius not being upgradable by USB. I suspect this isn't possible with this unit either.

http://blog.toyota.co.uk/2012-toyota-prius-new-style-and-upgraded-technology-for-the-worlds-best-selling-hybrid-car

Some may consider the european designed T&G+ unit to have the better features over the T&Gpro. I'd probably go along with that. My only couple of gripes with the T&G+ is its time to load maps @ vehicle power up (compared with the older Jap built unit I have in my RAV) and also, if a stick is left in the USB socket, it always switching to play off a USB stick everytime the vehicle is powered up, regardless of which media source was previously selected,.

Just out of curiosity, I assume if you press the open/close button the screen folds out, like the older Toyota satnavs? once you've done that, is there
any signs of a flap/door covering a small upgrade socket, like on previous Jap sourced Toyota nav systems? Those were take to dealer upgrades.

The T&GPro is shown as a dealer upgrade here:

http://www.toyota-mapupdates.eu/

The fact that this unit has "B9043" on it, i.e. in a similar numbering scheme to previous Jap spec'ed units, also makes me think this is not part of the EU designed touch and go family.

I could of course be completely wrong.....just a guess... :).

• Like 1

As shcm has posted above the unit in your RAv is very slightly different to the Uk spec T and G system. Your screen looks as if it folds down where as ours are fixed and also the on screen menus look very similar to the menus in the current Lexus range which are fitted with HDD based navigation. If you do have HDD navigation fitted you will have to use your dealer to update the system

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links