Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Worst Iq Feature

Hicardo

I'm from Holland, so we drive on the right (which is the way god intended)

lol. Sorry to say it isn't actually, it's the way Napoleon intended. Thankfully he didn't quite get to the UK. Before that even France and everybody else rode on the left, for the simple reason that in battle most swordsmen were right handed. ( and of course shook hands with the right hand even when being friendly to passers by) Napoleon used this as a great tactic and it spread to the rest of Europe, slowly in some cases as places like either Sweden or Norway didn't change until the 1960s or 70s. Proper countries like Japan, Australia and of course the UK still drive on the left!

P.S. It was first changed in France during the revolution as Aristocrats had always used the left hand side of the road, and Napoleon reinforced this in battle as he himself was left handed. Sod the troops.

The centre dashboard 'cowling' glaring reflection in low/bright sun is terrible. I am surprised no one has talked about this before.

I have covered it with slip proof mat cut to shape.

Yes it looks amateurish but stops the blinding flashes.

• Like 1

The centre dashboard 'cowling' glaring reflection in low/bright sun is terrible. I am surprised no one has talked about this before.

I have covered it with slip proof mat cut to shape.

Yes it looks amateurish but stops the blinding flashes.

No I agree and I think I have mentioned this before. This is why I'd like the satnav version

Personally I think the red is a nice touch and have never experianced any glare from the sun. Maybe tall people suffer more being in a higher seating position?

The red doesn't come with the burnt orange version but I did have it with the silver. I'd have preferred the red if it were darker. Yes, you could be right about the reflection. I'm quite tall.

I have already bought an assortment of grey/gray aerosol spray cans, but I have yet to make the time to paint up sample swatches on some shiny black plastic to select which one goes best with the rest of the interior. Once I get my sound system built for my musical group, the iQ dash is the next project.

Doing the shroud over the navigation system/audio system will be pretty easy, as it's a matter of pulling off a panel and then removing a couple of bolts. The piece that will be the killer is the one over the speedometer/tach pod. I've got the instructions on how to get that offensive bit of "design" off of the dash, but it involves a lot of yanking and pulling of fasteners - things that I might do wrong. It's too convoluted to mask and spray in place, though.

Putting chrome and reflective plastic in the line of vision of a driver is just stupid. Doing it for "style", as was the bit over the speedometer was most certainly, transcends stupidity.

• Like 1

Ok i have stuck it in here.

The ear piercing piezo of the second stage seatbelt alarm. Why so loud? NEVER Heard one so loud. Its meant to be a reminder not damage your hearing. Measured it at 102db at 2 feet. Must be illegal. Got a local young girl to scream and that was 98db at 1mtr

David

• Like 1

Give it a test Craig. Find somewhere off road Drive a bit with the belt off til it starts beeping, come to a standstill and wait

David

• 4 weeks later...

I hated the black hole that was the luggage compartment at night, until a fellow forumnite put in some LEDs. Now great

I still hate the way my briefcases slides all over the place in the luggage space. I really need to find a neat cure.

I am surprised by the poor grip in the wet from the standard Dunlops on the IQ. I am now investigating getting winter tyres

Overall I still love the car.

TD

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I still hate the way my briefcases slides all over the place in the luggage space. I really need to find a neat cure.

Overall I still love the car.

TD

Would it be possible to use the non slip rubber matting that you can buy usually on a roll of various lengths. I don't mean the heavy duty stuff, but like the dashboard anti-slip. It's not expensive, I bought a good roll from Homebase, but this link will show what I mean :-) http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_204215_langId_-1_categoryId_165732

Toyota do Horizontal Cargo Nets for various models, maybe one could be used on the iQ

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-High-Quality-Nylon-Black-Cargo-Storage-Net-For-Toyota-Rav4-2006-2011-/190779370594

But you will get something similar for a lot, lot less from a bike shop. (Bungee cargo net)

At least here in The Land Of The Free and The Brave™ (all rights reserved), a cargo net (standard arrangement as found in every other Toyota product that I've bought over the last twenty years) can be purchased. It's elastic, and is attached at the top to two hooks that replace the two snaps for your cargo cover (shipped with Toyota iQs, but not with our Scion iQs). So, you gain a net, but you lose the ability to cover stuff in the rear end.

Personally, I have bought the nets for two Toyota vans, one Echo, and one other Scion, and never have used them at all. I've rigged them up a couple of times, but they are more in the way than they are useful. On the Scion iQ, I've gotten far more use out of the cargo cover than I ever have from one of the nets.

Your mileage may vary, of course...

For me its the passenger seat losing its adjustment when you tilt it to get a rear passenger out.

It drives my wife mad, she has to adjust it all everytime.

I also find the dash bag a waste of money, its rubbish and it never stays shut.

I think the little plastic lips under the front bumper are too low, I scrape them on kerbs at least once a month I can see them ripping off soon.

All in all its a wonderful car, I have the CVT gearbox and its a dream to drive - I can't see me selling this car for a long time.

£20 road tax and only 10p a mile for fuel.

Its a winner.

• Like 1

Hmm, not sure where to start. Fuel gauge is probably top, but to follow: 1) Both front and back bumpers cracked at wheel arches (assume done by errant parallel parkers but poor plastic quality has compounded the problem - no other cars parked in same places have had problems). 2) Front near side top mount of suspension strut 'came loose' and required tightening. 3) Central locking has packed up. 4) Front off-side tie bar bushes collapsed. 5) Battery replacement after 18 months. 6) Throttle re-call. 7) Steering re-call. 40k miles. Not happy - I'd never have another one. In summary the car is the worst feature.

Toyota was originally a division of the Toyoda Automatic Loom Works, and the first cars were sold under the Toyoda name from April 1936. Toyoda was also the family name of the company's founder.

The company changed its name in August 1937 to Toyota Motor Company.

Toyota was originally a division of the Toyoda Automatic Loom Works, and the first cars were sold under the Toyoda name from April 1936. Toyoda was also the family name of the company's founder.

The company changed its name in August 1937 to Toyota Motor Company.

I've read the history Mike, but the point I'm making is: you can bemoan a car's design and function realistically, or you can go fictional Jedi and besmirch an entire brand from inception 'till death in an unfair way.

I'm sure some people will have serious issues with their iQ (and other models), and I agree, this is annoying, but Toyota as a company is one of the best I've come across (from the experience especially of close relatives) who don't shirk their responsibilities when it comes to certain recalls in the way others might, and often do. From my personal experience, one current manufacturer is hopelessly in denial about some of its potentially dangerous failings.

And I'd rather have a company that quickly holds up its hand to failure and assumes responsibility with the intention of quickly resolving it than have one continually covers up. I'm pretty impressed with Toyota's ethos if I'm honest - perhaps harping back to the legacy left by Eiji Toyoda himself as founding father and who only died as recently as September 2013? Well perhaps that's an imagination too far, but I guess you know what I'm saying :).

PS - And Eiji Toyoda was 100 when he died a few months back.

I have no problems with Toyota as a brand, I chose them after careful deliberation and research.

My IQ has a couple of minor niggles and to be honest its unlikely any car is going to be totally problem free.

I'd recommend an IQ to anyone.

My local dealer has just had a change of leadership and the new dealer principal is very helpful and today has taken my IQ in for the niggles to be fixed.

1 of my complaints was 2 areas of bad surface corrusion in the engine bay, they have agreed to sort this out in their body shop which is something Toyota Customer Services wrote me to saying was not a warranty issue.

I'd buy another Toyota in a hearbeat.

If you, as myself, are offended of the high price for that silly glove-box...

I have made a new "bag" for that side.

The bag was made during a workshop (for ladies mostly) and I made it to fit the hooks where my former (bigger) bag hung... Maybe you remember this brown bag with leather.

So.. now a new and smaller one. The formar one was rather big.

If you want to use it outside of the car, just lift it op en out it goes.....

Just takes some metal-hooks to screw in the plastic. And there is NO airbag there...

DSC_2081_zps926061dd.jpg

DSC_2093_zps59b07e3e.jpgDSC_2094_zpsd7ea263f.jpgDSC_2096_zps42cb8669.jpg

The full works..here: http://s676.photobucket.com/user/realbutcher/slideshow/A-tas-iQ-rood-

No air bag ?????

I believe there are 9 on all of them.

Here is an extract from Wikipedia.

The iQ includes nine airbags,[13] dual frontal airbags, front seat-mounted side torso airbags, side curtain airbags, front passenger seat cushion airbag, a driver's knee airbag and a newly developed rear curtain airbag to protect backseat passengers' heads from rear end collisions

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links