Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Auris Exhaust

Aggo

Well just in need of a sportier sounding/looking exhaust for my auris d4d 2.0 any one got any suggestions?

Cheers :)

I got a quote a while ago about that on my 2.0, and they said that actually you dont need a silencer as it is a diesel. So have a look on youtube about that. I think they sound awesome

I can't really find much aidsy..... You mean no back box or no centre box? I know you have to be careful because of the dpf but I'd rather hear a nice exhaust sound rather than the tank engine hehe

would love a twin or a double twin but if I could retro a straight through centre and a better back box then that would be ok too, just not sure which direction to go before I have to pay hundreds at an exhaust place!

I did my vectra last year with parts off eBay and I fitted myself only cost me £40 it sounded amazing and it was all Remus!!!

No back box is what i got quoted for. And it depends on what year your auris is as to whether it has a dpf or not. as far as i know, mine doesnt and is an 08 plate.

I would find a local exhaust place and tell them what you require. You should be able to remove the centre box and replace with a straight pipe and a good quality back box. A powerflow dealer did 1 on my old 306 hdi and it sounded very good and then i ran a miltek full system on my bora again good results

Alex

Anywhere from £150 - £500 depending on materials and time. The one thing i found is that there are not many parts for the auris straight off the shelf so some things will have to be custom made

Alex

Yes they can be but if that are made well then they will last. The miltek on my bora is still going strong with a friend after 5 years 120k so you get what you pay for.

http://www.powerflowexhausts.co.uk/

http://www.longlife.co.uk/

http://www.roadtrackrace.co.uk/stainless_steel_exhausts.html

Just a few from google. I would speak to several place and get a feel for their work

Alex

Also try MIJ in Walsall, Birmingham. Had a previous car done there for £250 (cat-back system).

• 2 months later...

So wanting to get round to this now, found out I don't have a dpf which toyota told me....

So I'm thinking get rid of the big bulky centre silencer and putting a straight through in...

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=380782876726

And then somehow from the centre to the back of the car a nicer end can....

It's a bit vague at the mo until I get under it (it's !Removed! freezing out there) but the car should run fine without a back silencer according to previous posts or just put it back on until I figure out what I want to do at the back. But £54 for a straight through centre doesn't sound a bad buy....

Again please any ideas....

I've taken the centre box out on 2 cars in the past - firstly because they really weren't needed for noise control & secondly to give more ground clearance with coil-overs on. I had a straight through pipe fitted in replacement & there was a mild increase in sound, but it gave a nice burble on tickover & a beefier note mid-range. Win win really ..... :)

You sure that this straight pope will fit in place of the midbox? If so , i may get this and try and fit it.

Cheers buck

And I'm certain aid I called them up and they confirmed! It's the first one I've seen...

It's the first straight exhaust mod I Have seen for our car so was just checking.

• 1 year later...

So did that bosal pipe replace the middle silencer and run to the back box or did it start from the back of the middle box? Just that in the picture of the item the pipe actually looks quite short.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links