Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Small Disc Sitting Above Cd Player

ianlinux

We didn't have this on our 2011. Just a smooth top.

Now on the 2012 we have a piece of plastic about the size of a minidisc just above the cd tray which I just want to rip/pull off.

Is it just decorative or does it perform an actual function?

I'm not sure what you are referring to. My 2012 iQ doesn't have this I'm sure. By tray do you mean slot?

A picture clearly needed!

Sounds like a phone or sat-nav mount stuck on by the previous owner?

Craig.

Yes I'm thinking this too now. But fancy sticking it on and potentially ruining the fascia

I'm not sure what you are referring to. My 2012 iQ doesn't have this I'm sure. By tray do you mean slot?

A picture clearly needed!

Yes I mean slot ( I was unsure of the correct term and so referred to my home CD Player tray).

Above the slot on this image there's nothing, on ours there's something and I will post later.

Can I upload on this forum?

Can I upload on this forum?

Yes, in the reply box, click on "more reply options" you can then browse your picture on your PC and upload it

Kingo :thumbsup:

• Like 1

It certainly sounds like a mount of some sort. I'm sure the combined might of the iQ forum will be able to advise on how to safely remove it. Whatever you do resist the temptation to "rip" it off !!

Might need a hairdryer or a hot summers day to remove it if it's stuck on...:unsure:

Yep, this sort or thing almost exactly. (Spec states "Extra gentle adhesive material to protect your car)" We'll see :bored::disgust:

Oh well, was thinking of adding the iQ satnav/radio/mp3 player at some stage (when available for a not so ridiculous price) so might leave it on until that goes

In that case ...... I've changed my mind. personally - I'd just rip it off ! (unless you have a tom Tom)

I'd try peeling it off too. I reckon it will go, Use a plastic knife or wooden lolly stick as a lever if needed but I reckon it will go without too much hasstle.

Tom Tom's are infinitely cheaper than the Toyota sat-nav by the way. :)

Craig.

WD40 is good for getting the sticky residue of plastics ;)

Toyota should have removed it before putting it up for sale. Or replaced the top cover. But at a minimum of £80 plus, they deemed you can live with it. Shame you didnt spot it and its use at the point of purchase. Would have made it deal or no deal unless they removed it

Seen people buy cars in the past with Nokia cradles. Whats that about? All with about 5 screws holding then on some dodgy angle or prised between the radio and side panels. Oh and a dangling microphone where the velcro has worn out. Very attractive to a would be buyer

David

Toyota should have removed it before putting it up for sale. Or replaced the top cover. But at a minimum of £80 plus, they deemed you can live with it. Shame you didnt spot it and its use at the point of purchase. Would have made it deal or no deal unless they removed it

Seen people buy cars in the past with Nokia cradles. Whats that about? All with about 5 screws holding then on some dodgy angle or prised between the radio and side panels. Oh and a dangling microphone where the velcro has worn out. Very attractive to a would be buyer

David

I just didn't notice at the time, but you're probably right. I was concentrating on HPI reports, service records and other issues of importance.

WD40 is good for getting the sticky residue of plastics ;)

Yeah, as David said, should've noticed and got Toyota to remove it or at least offer a rebate

I'd try peeling it off too. I reckon it will go, Use a plastic knife or wooden lolly stick as a lever if needed but I reckon it will go without too much hasstle.

Tom Tom's are infinitely cheaper than the Toyota sat-nav by the way. :)

Craig.

Point taken :)

Toyota dealers, in my experience dont even concentrate on very much when they SAY they prepare a car, just your money and the next victim.

Toyota dealers, in my experience dont even concentrate on very much when they SAY they prepare a car, just your money and the next victim.

Yes agree re most dealers! It's a good job the car itself is up to much! Although I've started to notice some interior squeaking that appears to resonate with the multidrive box

The dealers need to take note of what others are doiing right now. I bought my latest IQ from a Vauxhall dealer and got excellent service and a much lower price as well as a car in much better condition than Toyota dealers were prepared to offer. A few months earlier, I bught a used Grand Vitara from a Suzuki main dealer and they were the best of all, shame they dont sell IQs.

The dealers need to take note of what others are doiing right now. I bought my latest IQ from a Vauxhall dealer and got excellent service and a much lower price as well as a car in much better condition than Toyota dealers were prepared to offer. A few months earlier, I bught a used Grand Vitara from a Suzuki main dealer and they were the best of all, shame they dont sell IQs.

I get exactly what you say from a Toyota dealer near to me in Coventry - overpriced, damaged and very scruffy. Bought from a dealership in Devon in the end. Reviews were average, but the price was at least reasonable after haggling, so all I could do was take a hunch, make sure the "i's were dotted and t's crossed" and go for it. Fed up looking in the end. Don't appear to have a lemon.

Just a quick comment on sticky residue

Label remover is top notch. So long as you give it time to break it down

David

• Like 1