Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cygnet Axed

IQ1111

Shame really. I particularly liked the green one they did. Oh well, might end up being a bit of a collector's item if you can get one under £10k.

Seems there's some amusement over at the petrolheads' pistonheads comments section

Aston Martin Cygnet never truly stood for all the Aston Martin values so it was doomed to not last very long.

Perhaps it was just AM trying to become "green" which is a difficult task considering the type of cars they manufacturer.

I used to live in a house right next door to their UK Newport Pagnell factory and spent many an hour touring the AM manufacturing operations.

It is a truly a engineers dream place to be !

The Cygnet nor AM are going to save planet earth in any event, and neither are we all even if every car on planet earth was an IQ !

"The Cygnet nor AM are going to save planet earth in any event, and neither are we all even if every car on planet earth was an IQ !"

You're right we're not, and if you play this guy's piece on YT about where he thinks we're heading, and take it seriously, then this conversation, this forum and any other forum like it all become a tad irrelevant.

Still tempted to get myself one in a few years, Lovely cars.

The cheapest one on the Aston dealer network is £20k at the moment and it has a tasteful interior, Some of them are a bit garish for my liking!

Wonder what spares availability will be like if you damage it? Obviously Toyota parts for 99% of it but things like the bumpers, lights and front wings are special.

Craig.

Yes - I meant to post this link the other day.

http://www.egmcartech.com/2013/09/27/report-the-aston-martin-ceases-production-of-toyota-iq-based-cygnet/

They are getting more "affordable"

A private seller has one for 18K on Autotrader and several from Dealers at about 19.5K

I guess the killer will be insurance/body parts in event of a prang. The only common panel with the standard iQ is the roof.

I still want one ! this one will do

http://www.deymotors.co.uk/used-cars/aston-martin-cygnet-1-33-3dr-cvt-altrincham-201309038604316

"The Cygnet nor AM are going to save planet earth in any event, and neither are we all even if every car on planet earth was an IQ !"

You're right we're not, and if you play this guy's piece on YT about where he thinks we're heading, and take it seriously, then this conversation, this forum and any other forum like it all become a tad irrelevant.

Hi Ian I watched Michael Ruppert and 100% agree with his view of the world, obviously not a subject for this IQ forum however one that does intrest me a lot. Thanks for Sharing it. Positive Regards, Bob.

They are nice and I would like one, however, Im not a great lover of leather interiors, so Ill give it a miss and buy something more tasteful.

Hi Ian I watched Michael Ruppert and 100% agree with his view of the world, obviously not a subject for this IQ forum however one that does intrest me a lot. Thanks for Sharing it. Positive Regards, Bob.

Thanks Bob, To keep within the rules I'll PM you.

Since the Cygnet has been axed, the iQ itself has probably lost a bit of kudos too. But I still think it's a fantastic and unique little car. The other worry for me is ********ushima. I don't think that's over by a long shot, the Mainstream media just keep a lid on it. So what about parts supply for iQ?

I understand it's assembled in Japan but the Cygnet is CKD'd here in the UK. Is that right?

I understand it's assembled in Japan but the Cygnet is CKD'd here in the UK. Is that right?

Assembled in Japan .. the taken apart again in the UK and rebuilt ( I wonder what happens to all the surplus body parts?)

I do like many aspects of my IQ however not enough to spend 20K on a Aston Martin type IQ !

Yeah 20K is still a lot even if you accept it’s a “bargain” compared to the price new . I think we are all mooting what happens if/when you can get a good used Cygnet for 12-15 K . I’ve not driven a Cygnet (but know someone who has) but I have seen and heard one at quite close quarters and that alone got the juices flowing. For anyone seriously contemplating a Cygnet a test drive in would probably make your mind up!

They are a nice little car, but if anyone thinks they will make a good profit over the years, then they will be disapointed, if, however, you want one for what it is and expect it to loose a little at first then even out, even over the next 25 years or so, then you will be a happy chappie

They are a nice little car, but if anyone thinks they will make a good profit over the years, then they will be disapointed, if, however, you want one for what it is and expect it to loose a little at first then even out, even over the next 25 years or so, then you will be a happy chappie

Well The Big Question is "will it last 25 years" ? I am planning to keep my IQ for a few years and I calculate that mine will have covered 130,000 miles in 18 years from now ! Only Time will tell !!

Perhaps if is stored carfully in a grarage for the majority of that time, perhaps it will ?

Don't see why it shouldn't last any less time than a regular IQ ? The running gear and mechanicals are all the same it's basically a dress up inside & out. It had to be because Aston wouldn't pay for all the re-testing in regards of the NCAP and stuff.

Si

Here (Cologne, Düsseldorf, Duisburg region) the asking prices for two years old Cygnets are about 26,000 € (22,000 GBP), for one year old AMs about 27,000 € (23,000 GBP). The highest asking prices for a one year old iQ I've found is about 17,000 € (14,000 GBP).

http://www.mobile.de/home/vehicleComparison.html?adIds=172873358&adIds=178400835&adIds=178400830&adIds=178400834&adIds=178089342&adIds=183499495

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links