Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Reduction Of Power T180 - My 1St Problem

lpka

Hello everybody.

This is my first major problem with my RAV4.And I would like some help. (Today I got the my car towed to my mechanic and for now no word)

5 days ago I had a long drive and when I started driving again the blue smoke came out of my exhaust. For about 300 m / 10 sec - than it was OK.

TODAY I'm driving on motorway with cruise control. speed was 130km/h , The engine (car) just begin to drop for about 4 km/h and than back to 130. it was like something was stopping me. I switched to manual (cruise off) and had the same throttle with 110 km/h and it was the same, just losing power.

I drove of the highway and stopped and called my towing.

What I gettered from analysing:

- When I start in idle, everything is OK, except exhaust smell is like a smell of firecracker.

- no light and nothing to indicate something is wrong.

- when from idle I press the throttle it sounds like some big fan is slowing down when I release the throttle.

I'm waiting to get some info from the garage, but does anyone have any idea what's going ON.

Thanks

Blue smoke=engine oil being burnt.🚙💨

What fault codes come up? Could be the start of a turbo problem😞

I choose to know nothing aboot the oil-burning engine in RAVs. First guess sounds like maybe the turbo but then I'm a pessimist.

Where do ye buy the oil for the fuel tank?

Lol!... I'm quick on the draw 🔫now I've been given a 🌟by a nice mod😊

Lol!... I'm quick on the draw now I've been given a by a nice mod

OK OK - dinna rub it in ! Or oot !!

I allways buy diesel from the same place, and yes I just filled it up. I know that I put diesel in it, and I have the recite that I put diesel in it.

Maybe i few days ago it was burning DCAT exhaust . that says it has two sensors out from the engine to the exhaust that they monitor if something accumulates in pipes than when the engine is hot it pours a little diesel in it and burns the stuff off the pipes. That could be an answer to the smoke.

But what do I get whit the loss of power or waves of power. maybe is turbine (turbo). From the garage I'll get the answer on monday.

I allways buy diesel from the same place, and yes I just filled it up. I know that I put diesel in it, and I have the recite that I put diesel in it.

Maybe i few days ago it was burning DCAT exhaust . that says it has two sensors out from the engine to the exhaust that they monitor if something accumulates in pipes than when the engine is hot it pours a little diesel in it and burns the stuff off the pipes. That could be an answer to the smoke.

But what do I get whit the loss of power or waves of power. maybe is turbine (turbo). From the garage I'll get the answer on monday.

I was askin in case the fuel is being bought from a cheap supermarket like source which cuid have contaminated diesel or water in it. Is the air filter clean?

I had problems wi one of my turbos cos the cat had collapsed- no the cat cos ah dinna own wan, but the cat oan the exhaust pipe. It caused the turbo to overheat and break the blades. No doubt you'll get some idea from your garage so let us know what they say - and good luck!

OK, I got the car back, thank god it was almost nothing. Like I was told, it was below the engine, Pipe with connect the intercolling from aluminium pipe to rubber one, disconnected it did..

So the engine got to much air for operating so that's why it did what.

Now almost everything is OK, except water on passenger side and bumps in a steering wheel. But I'll fix this in a week or two.

Its worth tightening the bolts in the steering joint before you buy one. There is a modification to stop water in the footwell.

Cowl_leak.pdf

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links