Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

100 Mpg Iq A Crazy Idea ?

bobkneale

I miss my LSE, Such a lovely vehicle and the air suspension was sublime. :) To be honest I never kept track of MPG, just filled it up and was happy that the LPG was cheaper than petrol. My LSE was a single point system but the later, 4.6 HSE had a full, 8 point sequential injection system that was much smoother running and probably more efficient.

The lack of LPG stations was another reason for giving it up. I found myself going 10 miles out my way to fill up each week and if I went away anywhere I was often struggling to find stations. Good job I had the petrol option too but still a pain.

I never understood why manufacturers like Land Rover and petrol companies didn't embrace LPG either, It has more or less died around here, the station I used has now removed the tank and put a coffee shop in it's place and the company that did my conversions has closed. Shame really. :(

What car is that in your Avatar?

Craig.

Some great debates on this forum, with a wide range of different ideas about many subjects !

I personally learn something new quite often when reading various posts !

That in my view is what makes this a truly "great discussion" forum !

Positive Regards, Bob

How dare you !

Hehe.

Its my 1976 Lancia Fulvia Rallye Coupe.

Gald you like it.

LOL I was about to edit and say ".... but the round headlights have foxed me. Whatever it is it's lovely"

Oh well, you beat me to that one. I can see the Lancia in it now. Lovely

How's reliability?

No idea its in about 1000 pieces at the moment, I have yet to drive it :dontgetit:

Its old school tech and beautifully designed so I am hopeful its a dream to drive.

All my research tells me its going to be great car, it was dry stored to 22 years so lots of rubber parts will need replacing and its had a lot of welding so far, its now a rot free zinc primered rolling Shell.

Karl.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

VW 160 MPG car !

The Volkswagen XL1 is the world's most fuel-efficient car. It's a plug-in hybrid with a 0.8 liter, 2 cylinder aluminum diesel engine and gets 160 mpg.

http://www.electric-vehiclenews.com/2013/07/volkswagen-xl1-achieves-only-160-mpg.html

So could the 3 cyl petrol IQ with modifications get closer to 100 MPG ?

• 10 years later...

2 things that can help you in the direction: 

1- increase tire size. With a larger circumference or tire size diameter (not rim, just tire), you essentially increase gear ratio. Having a 1" larger diameter should get you roughly +2mpg.

2- Use a hot air intake. It will lower power output, but your mpg does go up by the slightest. If all goes well, you just went from 40mpg to 44mpg.

10 year ol d topic, finally solved. 🎉

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links