Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Get Ready For Winter Folks?

Paulus17

Oh joy! We here suffering no rain yet here in southern Spain, and you are all preparing for the next winter of discontent. Our house prices are lowest ever, so those with a will can escape the horrors that are to come. Kev will miss his Rowan berries, but the tapas is not so bad, and the wine is a LOT cheaper here, and still makes the head bang just the same.

Viva la difference!!

• Like 1

Blimey Mr W :(

And this was all by doing the calculation of "surely it would work out cheaper to drive"?

We drove from Lisbon to Andorra in March, stopping at friends in Madrid each way, also calculating it would be cheaper to drive. All went well until MiniDip2 got sick on the last day (we had to drive her to Andorra main hospital to get antibiotics), closely followed by MiniDip1, then MrsDip. It was like driving a doctor's waiting room from Andorra to Madrid where we were supposed to overnight on our friends' floor but crashed there for 3 nights with me phoning work to say I'd be a day late.

Wife made it VERY clear that that was the LAST time we were driving to Andorra EVER - in future we'd take the plane.

We're driving there again next March :)

Hello all.

Read the MetOffice's response to the Express's optimistic and sensationalist headlines:

http://tinyurl.com/lodgkas

Weblers

(PS. Hello again! Tis been a while)...

FFS Webblers min......yer alive.......will tell wife tae stop lighting candles, min, and praying......had convinced her you were on hard shoulder of N Way north of Lisbon, 2AD Engine on the ground, wipers still clearing mosquitoes off windscreen, new 12v chiller box only thing keeping youz alive. Welcome back all nearly 4 of yeez.........have ye had yer tea.......?

I am alive... just... but what a load of sloblock (think about it!!) we went through.

Bullet point summary:

• Started Fine
  • Wife got sick
  • Hospital in France on a drip (baby fine i add)
  • 1100 mile drive in a day from Le Mans to Algarve, through Madrid and a serious thunder storm.
  • Nearly ran out of diesel cos every filling station decided to close that night
  • 10 days running after bairn and caring for sick wife
  • Drive to Madrid. Buy crap food sold as Tapas. Meh!
  • Drive to Zaragoza then to Pyrenees. NOW we're talking... cannot wait for next day as we drive through them SLOWLY
  • Next day: heavy downpours and fog.. Saw hee haw.. Meh!
  • Learner Frog pulls out in front of me... Rav's ABS is outstanding - Praise the Lord
  • Get lost as brand new motorway doesn't exist on any map.
  • Back in Le Mans - went to raceway! LOVED THAT. The cars were out doing laps!
  • Drove home missing out last stop in Calais as wife still sick.
  • Slept and cried quietly as i toted up the bill of a holiday gone wrong.
As this is a car forum i should talk about the car. SUPERB! She didn't miss a beat. we covered over 4500 miles and not one hiccup. The Air Conditioning coped nicely with the 35C heat and the boot has excellent wine storage capacity beneath the floor.

Never before have i returned from a holiday and looked forward to going back to work.

Webz

Yikes Dave, can I suggest probably not to bother with the lottery this week now it has doubled in cost...

Gus

Blimey Mr W :(

And this was all by doing the calculation of "surely it would work out cheaper to drive"?

Cheaper-ish. It was always borderline but the thought being we would see so much..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links