Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hardly Any Heat In Cabin

negativepitch

I have a 57 plate SR Yaris.

I have had it for around two years now, it only had 21 thousand miles on it when I bought it which was like new.

Over the two years I have had it, the heating in the cabin has been fine, turn the dial up to 20 (LCD Readout) it gets pretty warm once the engine has warmed up.

We did a round trip of 240 miles over the last weekend, there on saturday and home on sunday, Going there the heating into the cab was fine, still at 20/21, coming home, it was cold at 20, and only started to get some heat at around 27/28

stops at 30.

Anything under 27/26 is now cold, the outside temperature is around the same as it was on saturday and the sunday,

Does anyone have any ideas, The AC does need regassing.

I have no experience of this problem that is specific to the Yaris but I would start with the basics: check coolant level; I have had a vehicle that showed a slightly elevated reading on its temperature gauge with no heat in the cabin. Because the coolant was low there wasn't enough for the cabin heater radiator. Topping up restored the heater function.

Check the pollen filter: with a clogged filter air flow through the heater will be seriously compromised. Also at this time of year check the heater air inlet isn't covered with dead leaves.

• Like 1