Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav 4 High Points

uniquestar

Just wanted to post to give a bit of adoration to my Rav 4, and hoping more will post below about what makes this such a great car!

I've just done my first Motorway trip since passing 1000 miles on my replaced engine ( only did 1 trip under the 1000 miles, and that was right after it got done so I kept it slow and steady) and have just fallen more in love with this car.

First - Points to Toyota on their goodwill extension on the Engine problems, would have had to think about getting rid of the car had that not been covered by them!

But mainly, on this drive, the car is just so comfortable on the motorway, and seems to have enough power to pull away in any gear above 50 MPH, great for the quick overtake or to get away after some roadworks & average speed cameras.

It holds the road incredibly well, even though my tyres (Bridgestones) are all down to about 4mm on tread. The conditions were really bad on my journey back, (Thunderous rain, not great visibility due to this and water running all over the motorway) but at no point did I feel unsafe in the car, as I have in others in these kind of conditions. There was no sliding, no loss of traction, and from the car made it feel as though the road was bone dry, I was able to keep up my normal speed even in these conditions without any fear that I was going to lose control!

And the main point, other drivers show this car the respect it deserves! In other cars I have had, they were a bit smaller, Fiestas, Fiat Cinquecento & classic minis, I would have such a hard time to get past other drivers, they would pull out in front of me, not pull over for me, or put their foot down as I passed trying to stop me overtaking them (and yes, being a bloke I always persevered as I loved the look on their faces as I went past, especially when you're in an old mini going 100+ to get past them!), in the Rav, I've never really had a problem, no-one is upset at being overtaken, everyone gets out of your way pretty sharpish and most people give you enough space behind, and don't tailgate until it's safe to overtake.

So, I raise a pint to my (just over a) year in my Rav, and another for many years to come!

Our 12-reg D-CAT auto has convinced me that RAV's are a complete waste of money and that we'll never have another. :nono:

Just kidding.

This is our 4th RAV and our 7th Toyota. I think that tells you what we think of 'em. :clap:

Nice write-up Jon, Ravs are IMHO the best all rounder on the road. Whats more, if you ever do need them, the dealer network and customer service people are very good. That's why we have three Toyotas in the drive.

We have only had ours two weeks not been anywhere yet, just fitted mudflaps though in anticipation. Just getting hang of auto box as well but very nice to sit in and very relaxing to drive,we had a discovery before this and was a bit agricultural, not knocking though reliable and took us all over Europe, first big trip in rav should be Norway next June/July hopefully lifted by then..

Nice write-up Jon, Ravs are IMHO the best all rounder on the road. Whats more, if you ever do need them, the dealer network and customer service people are very good. That's why we have three Toyotas in the drive.

Couldn't agree more Paul.

We're on our fifth Rav and my little chipped T180 runabout is the best of the lot IMO.

Before getting the wife's latest one in 2012 we thought we're have a change,but none of the competition could match the Rav for value,customer service or reliability.

The VW Tiguan came a very close second,it's main drawback is the terrible turning circle.

Anyone in doubt should look on a few other makers forums..theres some real horror stories to be found!

• Like 1

Nice to see a good positive post! I feel my 57 plate XTR is easily the best all round car I've ever owned.

(Had Fords BMWs Volvos Peugeots Nissans Vauxhalls LRs etc)

Shifts plenty fast enough for me, holds the road like its on rails and returns 40mpg average.

Dave

• Like 2