Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lee"s Rav

lee"s rav

Hi folks could do with some info my wife was driving home today and engine light came on so did check 4x4 and vsc the car hasn"t lost any power and it had new engine fitted 6 months ago. could it be the egr valve any ideas thanks

Hi folks could do with some info my wife was driving home today and engine light came on so did check 4x4 and vsc the car hasn"t lost any power and it had new engine fitted 6 months ago. could it be the egr valve any ideas thanks

you'd decode it first to have some tips to go

Got some codes p2002 c1201 engine control system c1223 fault in abs control system and c1249 open circuit in stop light switch

Brake light switch.......phone ET........you will need his neck to replace.....LOL. Snot that diccifult....apparently......

• Like 1

Had same fault recently.

As Kev said, brake light switch,£16 and easy DIY.

Always look to the cheapest/easiest option first,don't jump straight to worst case scenario,you'll not sleep ;-)

Right ive changed the brakelight switch and cleaned the egr valve out again did it 4 weeks ago. I did disconnect the Battery for about 20 min"s and it was ok for 20 miles so me thinks im going to have a big bill from mr T GREAT..

Right ive changed the brakelight switch and cleaned the egr valve out again did it 4 weeks ago. I did disconnect the battery for about 20 min"s and it was ok for 20 miles so me thinks im going to have a big bill from mr T GREAT..

Did it come on again?
  • Like 1

If you had a new engine six months ago then it should still have six months warranty left on it.

So if its engine related it may not be as bad as you think.

It is unusual, but new parts have been known to be faulty,try another brake light switch first,assuming its been properly fitted in the first place?

Right ive changed the brakelight switch and cleaned the egr valve out again did it 4 weeks ago. I did disconnect the battery for about 20 min"s and it was ok for 20 miles so me thinks im going to have a big bill from mr T GREAT..

Maybe it's just me but this doesn't scan to me.... If things are ok do you mean you are doing to save a big bill? Or is there still a problem?

David