Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

0-60mph In.....

breezer

:lol::lol::lol::lol: IM BORED SO DO THIS FOR ME :lol::lol::lol::lol:

=================================================

Just a rough check, ne1 who wishes to participate may do so :P

How fast can ur car go from 0 to 60mph, obviously in seconds B)

Please reply with:

MAKE:

MODEL:

YEAR:

LITRE:

:thumbsup: ChEeRs :thumbsup:

im confused.

All the yaris 0.60 stats can be found on the net.

Not sure peeps can give u accurate figures on their mota's u unless they visit a testing station or something

Lol! :lol: Or you could jus do it like me and have a stopwatch in ya hand. Very dodgy though :rolleyes: ....but accurate! Jus did it 45mins ago! Bit foggy on the road like, but sorta figures coz it was along the coast! :thumbsup:

MAKE:Yaris

MODEL:CDX

YEAR:2003 (03 Plate)

LITRE:1.3

ROAD:Bumpy and Bendy, Slight incline

WIND:Unknown

0-60MPH:8.3secs

1st Gear Top Speed:35MPH(Limit)

2nd Gear Top Speed:69MPH(Limit)

Lol!

Yaris

1L

14.27secs exact, although iv never pushed 2nd gear to the limit, iv made engine cut off in 1st gear at 34mph, was funny! :lol:

Faster than i thought i would get.

Although id prefer sum1 else to do the timing, but that wud slow me down a tad bit! Plus id prefer dry conditions, as wen i pulled out from the side onto the main road, my wheels slid accross, bit like if u go ova roundabout fast in wet conditions!

MAKE:Yaris

MODEL:CDX

YEAR:2003 (03 Plate)

LITRE:1.3

ROAD:Bumpy and Bendy, Slight incline

WIND:Unknown

0-60MPH:8.3secs

1st Gear Top Speed:35MPH(Limit)

2nd Gear Top Speed:69MPH(Limit)

Think that is a little optimistic for 0-60 time on the 1.3 Yaris.....

3rd gear would have been needed as the first 2 cant push that much as stated

Kenny :thumbsup:

Ya reckon gettin it lowered by 4mm, puttin sum bigger wheels wit sports upgrade tyres on wud make it a bit betta?

I could really give a toss about speed as i am going for style B)

Mb an induction kit? :lol:

that was the date I got pulled, wont be doing it again

cut off, as in woundnt accelerate anymore?

Test it out, get a nokia fone and use the stopwatch on there as it is easya to use than a normal stopwatch :thumbsup:

Then go to a quiet place where u wnt b bothad by traffic (eg. i went along coast road where i could c right behind me and front for a mile or so)

B)

When i had my yaris i got a mate to record the speedo with digi camera on a 0-60 sprint, then uploaded to my pc. Just timed with a stopwatch watching the movie clip from 0-60 and it was about 8.8 secs....and that was a 1.5 T-sport.

i got about 8.5 sec, thats with my t sport, also had my mate in the car aswell at the time, recon i could prob get 8 if i tried

using a stop watch is so inaccurate! :lol:

and also speedos r inaccurate! so wen u stop the stop watch wen u see the needle/digital display hit 60mph u av prob stoped the watch at high 50 odd mph NOT 60! speedos r inaccurate full stop (unless re calibrated) and r even more inaccurate whilst under hard acceleration, sorry but its true.

but if ur doin this just to get a rough idea of ur 0-60 fair enough (i did it wen i was 17 lol)

bit weird how a 1.3 got a 8.3 0-60 wen a T - Sport does 62mph in 9 dead.

im sure the stop watch showed 8.3, but wat im sayin is this just shows how inaccurate the stop watch/speedo is!

my 2p worth :P

james :)

This thread just sent me dashing for my Yaris brochure...

times are 0-62mph

1.0 manual - 13.6 sec

1.3 manual - 12.1 sec

1.5 manual - 9.0 sec

T Sports have the dial, mine is electronic, therefore accurate! :P

No it's not more or less accurate than the T-sport dials. They're both driven by digital pulses.

Your speed is measured by counting the revolutions of the wheel, probably through the gearbox and therefore front wheels (can't remember if that or just off the back wheels, not done the 'ice' test yet of 4th gear flat out at 20mph ;) ).

BUT the number of revolutions per given distance changes constantly as your tyres squish or wear down. The factory has to guess an average rolling circumference, then errs on the optimistic side. An over-reading speedo is fine. An under-reading speeding would be a legal nightmare.

It's funny but with the digital readout on the speedo I automatically think it must be right so I crawl past Gatsos at exactly (in my mind!) 30mph in a built-up area, say. It would be interesting to find out just how accurate it really is. Of course this could even change at different speeds.

Any quick and cheap way of doing this?

It's funny but with the digital readout on the speedo I automatically think it must be right so I crawl past Gatsos at exactly (in my mind!) 30mph in a built-up area, say. It would be interesting to find out just how accurate it really is. Of course this could even change at different speeds.

Any quick and cheap way of doing this?

For sixty quid you could go past the Gatso's at an indicated 40MPH. Just wait for the photo's to arrive. Yeah, that'd do it :thumbsup:

Rich

(before it turns into an issue, I don't condone this kind of behaviour.........but if there's no cameras about..................... :D )

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links