Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

0-60mph In.....

breezer

1.3 - 12.1seconds

being an owner of a 1.3Sr im allows amazed by its performance. I know its not fast by any means, but it always brings a smile to my face.

I used to work for BMW and vauxhall last year, and ive driven all there models, and the yaris is by the best :hokus-pokus: (over vx's that is)

anybody with GPS will be able to tell you the error factor. I think when i did it, an indicated 100mph was only 94

my m8 in his fiesta zetec-s was doin an indicated 115mph and his road angel said he was doin 106 i think, i remember it bein about 10mph out!

james

I heard on many websites that the 1.5 Yaris (sedan or hatch) will do 0-100km/h (or 0-60mph) in 9 seconds.

I will soon own a 2004 1.5L 4 door sedan Yaris... will I get 9 secs or less? Anyone with a sedan here can tell me their 0-60 in a sedan?

by vmail's reckoning... his 90bhp monster (sorry, 92bhp including induction kit) would go even faster in perfect conditions!

perhaps if he had a road that wasn't on an incline... was straight rather than bumpy and bendy.... and if he really tried, I reckon he could do a sub 6 second 0-60.

Makes sense to me!

:rolleyes: <_<

road angel 60mph - speedo 57mph, no such thing as acurate speedo! the only way to truely test 0-60 is by the use of GPS

vmail 8.3 from a 1.3! youll be lucky the TS cant do it that quick!

It is hard to do this kind of test on your own. You are trying to drive the car and accelerate as fast and as smooth as poss and work a stopwatch as well !!!!!?

Try it with a mate timing you or somthing

I must say that the speeds achieved in 1st 2nd gears seems high. has the car had the rev limiter removed or somthing ?

The t sport times id agree with , yes average is 9 secs but 8.8 or 8.6 is poss depending on how good your driving is. Also loads of varying factors to take into account. weather tyres road surface etc.

Ive tried my tsport at the rev limit . Cuts out at 6700 rpm ( going by the dial )

2 nd is about 50 ish then you must go to 3rd

top speed at cut out point ... On motorway clear road , long straight , clear day , no wind , slight down hill === 131 mph ( as near as )

same thing on flat road === 124 mph ( as near as )

no mods . wonder what I could get with some mods or tweak the ride hieght and suspension a touch B)

Use the new speed signs like smiley faces but tell speed traveling at. Some roads have them. Or just keep going on a smiley one till changes.

GPS must continue for while at set speed as lag.

by vmail's reckoning... his 90bhp monster (sorry, 92bhp including induction kit) would go even faster in perfect conditions!

perhaps if he had a road that wasn't on an incline... was straight rather than bumpy and bendy.... and if he really tried, I reckon he could do a sub 6 second 0-60.

Makes sense to me!

:rolleyes: <_<

nah about 8.2 on a good road, what induction kit?

why lie?

I mean, you are openly vouching that your 1.3 sprints the 0-60 dash faster than the 1.5... :huh:

Unless of course you lied in the first place ... and that last comment was a sarcastic/light hearted laugh at your quite ludicrous claims... :D

i doubt it though :P

If the tsport only does 50 in second, then it's got a very different box to the 1.3! Mine does over 60 on the clock before 3rd. The gears are utterly disproportionate!

it does depend on the driver and practice on NFS UG

yeah you can get 60 on the SR. Screaming like hell, but you can

cos the system is so loud I cant hear the car, I only notice when the car stopped accelerating

My GPS is usually about the same as the speedo give or take 1 or 2 mph.

My 1.3 SR does seem pretty nippy, and it can definitely do 60 in 2nd gear.

My last car did 0-60 in about 7.5 I think, so the Yaris is obviously quite a bit slower but I'd say it was a lot quicker than 12 seconds - maybe it just seems that way for some reason?

This post belongs in the Saxo forums.

Seriously...driving with phones in ya hand timing yourself..or stopwatches or whatever... hope you get caught soon, enough idiots on the road as it is.

oh, 5.3 seconds 0-60

Yaris TS with go faster stripes.

and Modded with a 0.75 Litre engine.

Vipes

RA HA HA! I had hand on steerin wheel whilst grippin the phone, all i did was kept a finger on the start and stop button, so quite easy!! Whats the harm in that wen ur payin no attention to it? Least i wasnt talkin on it!!! I never do that, if i do i answer quickly and say fone in 2mins, then i literally pull ova!

if vmails 1.3 Yaris can do 0-60 in 8 secs... then my 2 litre 160bhp IS can do it in 6 secs!!! :lol:

Yeah right!!!

Why do people always claim stupid performance for their cars!??? mine is around 9.5 secs!

its true but ppl have said that the speedo is wrong

how did you measure it? stopwatch??? not exactly accurate you have to agree..

And yes, my GPS suggests my speedo underreads.. (about 5mph @ 70)

but...

1.3 - 12.1seconds

Reasons that even 0-55 wont be in the 8 secs you claim!

But unless you have strapped offical timing gear to your car and quoted that figure, i aint gonna believe you...

how did you measure it? stopwatch??? not exactly accurate you have to agree..

And yes, my GPS suggests my speedo underreads.. (about 5mph @ 70)

But unless you have strapped offical timing gear to your car and got that figure, i aint gonna believe you...

midlet that I have created, and it is accurate with my old PC

so, your claiming, you've written a piece of software that is accurate, that rated your 1.3 yaris at 0-60 in 8 seconds.. 4 seconds faster than Toyota claim, and faster than the T-sport....

From Toyota:

Yaris:

1.3 VVTi: 0-62 - 12.1

1.5 VVTi: 0-62 - 9

Corrolla (Tsport)

1.8 VVTi: 0-62 - 8.4

Celica:

1.8 VVTi: 0-62 - 8.7

So from these numbers, your claiming not only is your 1.3 faster than a Yaris Tsport, but also a Corolla TSport, and a Celica!!

only accurate, if the timer on both PC and mobile are accurate, if both of them are wrong then so it the tiime

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links