Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Woes Of My Rav4 D4d Gx

Ramdeom

:crybaby: Update to post of 5/05/04

Car bought brand new Jan 2003

Collect car today after 4days with Toyota dealer.

Had a loan Yaris from the second day.

Gear cables changed and car road tested by dealer but the problem is still there.

Dealer will check Toyota's technical data base and keep me informed.

Have been considering giving the car back to Toyota for research purposes.

• 6 months later...

:( Ramdeom, Just like to inform you that I am suffering what seem to be the symptons you have with your gear stick rattle. Rattle first appeared after about 1000 miles while engine under load. Rattle appears at 69mph and disappears at 74mph. As I now try to keep all my motorway driving wtihin the legal limit, the noise drives us all up the wall. Even if we put the radio on we know it is there. Rattle got worse until Dealear relaced gearbox syncro at around 15000miles. We have now done 23000 miles and rattle has re-appeared. Dealer has had car back but cannot find the same problem with the syncro. Everything appears tight in the gearbox and there is no (according to dealer) end play in the gear stick. Look forward to any updates you have on this as I need to keep our dealer in the loop so the problem can be fixed.

IJ

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links