Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Rav

kencat

In the immortal words of The Beach Boys......Help Me Rhondda.........WTF.......?

• Like 1

Face lift. Certainly would not want a pokey 2.0 lt 124 BHP engine. Light interior option is nice though. Wheels are Halfords. Lol.

I'd be more enthused with a 4.4.5 if they would just stick a 2.5 lt V6 turbo 200 BHP petrol engine under the bonnet.

• Like 3

See me.....? See if ah had just bought a new 4.4 Toyota, and before the paint is properly hardened nor a stonechip appears on the front, a far king "facelift" model was launched, ah would be well pi55ed off......or is it jissme.......?

In honesty, have not read ALL of kencat's linky yet.....will do later........but have already found a use in the kitchen for a 124bhp engine.....we will use it to remove skin off rice puddings, if it is up to the task.

• Like 2

Yes it pi88es one off when a facelift comes in quickly. Perhaps this new sewing machine engine is one of the BMW plants. Looks like Mr.T is looking for more efficiency at the cost of acceleration.

On a side note over the first 3.5 k on my new RAV we averaged 39.9 mpg. I'm just coming to the end of a full tank of Shell V-Power Nitro and with the same driving and roads it's looking like 42.3 mpg. Not driving slow as well and using sport button most of time.

• Like 1

My understanding is thats the engine is Toyotas current 2 litre unit, the Auris is first in line for the BMW engine at a later date. It seems it's an add on model with the current 4.4 2.2 D4D range continuing production. Honda have just released a 1.6 diesel CRV boasting 60+ MPG, maybe it's aimed at direct competition to that.

I suppose if you live in Lincolnshire or somewhere with similar flat terrain then it's a serious option, for me in my part of the world the extra 25+ bhp and 10% more torque will do nicely.........

See me.....? See if ah had just bought a new 4.4 Toyota, and before the paint is properly hardened nor a stonechip appears on the front, a far king "facelift" model was launched, ah would be well pi55ed off......or is it jissme.......?

In honesty, have not read ALL of kencat's linky yet.....will do later........but have already found a use in the kitchen for a 124bhp engine.....we will use it to remove skin off rice puddings, if it is up to the task.

Corr blimey my sentiments exactly Kev........

Im away to test drive a new 4.4 this weekend as Im doing something I said I would not do............ Im selling my beloved Jag XF and considering getting a new invincible.....

Slightly off topic I hardly use the Jag now since returning to the grind stone and after a couple of let downs trying to buy a 4.3.5 SR my thoughts have got me wandering towards a brand new invincible specification car with all the options which I would then keep for at least 5 years.....

Now back on topic I'm thinking WTF is going on ?

OK the prospect of a low powered 2.0 powered car does not fill me with joy but if a really economical version of the 4.4 was to spring forth then values of what would soon be regarded as an "Old" version will ruin residual values... But then when the car is heralded as "The all new Rav4" they are ball****ting to say the least as its the same engine we have all known for some time...

Perhaps with the advent of this upcoming car "The all new Rav4" claims will have some credence ?

Confused from confused shire........................

• Like 1

Corr blimey my sentiments exactly Kev........

Im away to test drive a new 4.4 this weekend as Im doing something I said I would not do............ Im selling my beloved Jag XF and considering getting a new invincible.....

Slightly off topic I hardly use the Jag now since returning to the grind stone and after a couple of let downs trying to buy a 4.3.5 SR my thoughts have got me wandering towards a brand new invincible specification car with all the options which I would then keep for at least 5 years.....

Now back on topic I'm thinking WTF is going on ?

OK the prospect of a low powered 2.0 powered car does not fill me with joy but if a really economical version of the 4.4 was to spring forth then values of what would soon be regarded as an "Old" version will ruin residual values... But then when the car is heralded as "The all new Rav4" they are ball****ting to say the least as its the same engine we have all known for some time...

Perhaps with the advent of this upcoming car "The all new Rav4" claims will have some credence ?

Confused from confused shire........................

I look forward to hearing your thoughts after the test drive.

David