Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Two Mot Advisories

DanLB

How do i search the forum , i cnat find parts king , or kingo ?

Left click on the gear thing to the right of where it says search via google and the magnifying glass. Or look in the members list. Or if you click on via google it gives more options.

The exhaust is in two sections... From the manifold back to the rear if that large centre box is one section and from there to the tip of the exhaust is section 2 ....

The 1100 odd quid the. OP mentioned is the retail price that I said above... So the near 800 nicker is about as good as it gets.....

OP has a petrol model and should be a 4.3 so definitely 3 sections, but middle section does have big box and is about £1100 before discount. I paid £786.47 after discount at Westlands Toyota. First section has cats and bolts to manifold, rear section is £300 as fixed price at Toyota.

David

• Like 1

Sorry .. That's what happens when I play on my phone I miss half if it out ....

This forum shoul have Tapatalk !!!!

• Like 1

Have you tried wwww.online automotive.co.uk as they list complete exhaust systems in sections for the rav's including cats.

Have you tried wwww.online automotive.co.uk as they list complete exhaust systems in sections for the rav's including cats.

Cant find them mate ? Direct link please ?
  • Like 1

http://www.onlineautomotive.co.uk

Hope above link works not good at that sort of thing.

Just put car details in and have a look may be of some help.

Looks like they only list exhaust stuff for the petrol rav's mate.

Phil.

• Like 1

Some information about the 4.3 exhaust systems.............

The petrol system is in three parts - a short front-pipe, a centre section including a second cat and a large silencer, rear section.

The diesel system is in two parts - the centre section also incorporates the front pipe.

It's likely that the front section will outlast the rest of the car and made to measure stainless systems generally involve cutting the old pipe just downstream of the second cat - the new stainless system is then connected using a swaged joint.

Bosal replacement systems are due in March 2014 and will involve cutting off the old system just downstream of the second cat. In addition the diesel system only will also be available complete - ie same as the original system from the manifold back.

• Like 1

Cheers all

The tail pipe on the RAV is looking a bit worse for wear as well , maybe i am best buying all three sections at the £788 i was quoted and getting it all done in one go , the silencer rear section , has the first cat in ?@ and the large centre section has the second ?

What should i ask the guy for , so i make sure i get everything needd , i know the gaskets will make fitting easier , and the three sections...anything else?

Cheers

I aksed that company in post 32 , but he needs to know as there are 2 options on my car he needs to know if i have under floor cat or just silencer , in the middle section , not sure to be honest , and toyota did come back to me (the manager) offering dicount , £860 fitted

I had my local Toyota dealer quote and then fit the middle section and, as that is what I would do again, my advice would be to use your local Toyota dealer - they will use genuine parts and all the bits and pieces to fit correctly.

The rear part of our exhaust looks its age but is still working fine. I am pretty confident I will have swapped the car well before the first section needs replacing. At the end of the day you and others will decide how best to spend your own money: I go with the Toyota dealer to keep my car in original condition. Same for my Aygo but with a 17 year old Micra I use a trusted independent.

Good luck,

David

• Like 1

Got a quote from Kingparts but i have to collect and its miles , have thanked him though

I have the service manager at Toyota near me offering all three sections for £850 all in if i collect , inc gaskets

Good deal i think ? anything i shoudl be wary of ?

Last thing gjuys , honest , i have toyota dealer offering the three sections as below :

Yes that is correct, the system is made up of 3 sections excluding the manifold and Neil has double checked all of the part numbers with you Chassis number.

The warranty will still apply if you decide to fit the system yourself. All of the parts are readily available and we could have them here for Saturday Morning.

BEFORE I ORDER , can someone check i am ordering correctly , where is the manifold and why isnt it in any of the three sections ?

Cheers

The manifold and primary catalytic converter are bolted to the engine and are not part of an exhaust replacement. The new exhaust runs from the bottom of the primary cat to the back of the car. I'm presuming your car is a petrol in which case the full exhaust is indeed in three sections. The front pipe tends to last forever and I doubt if you'll need to replace this - I'm sure that your mechanic can advise. You'll also need new nuts / bolts, gaskets and possibly some of the rubber hangers. The hangers and bolts should be obtainable locally as needed but I'd suggest getting the 3 relevant gaskets (2 if not replacing the front pipe) from your Toyota dealer.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links