Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Flat Tyre

tarquin

Mmn

So today i discover that one of my 18 x 35 x 215's at the front is almost flat.Seemed to happen by either bumping it up the kerb or one of the thousand pot holes i seem to encounter. Because of the profile of the tyre they run on flat ok. Whilst out today i visited Tesco to inflate it. All the machine did was to let more air out. So got a 20p refund. Now i watched and did they put a "out of service" on it? Course not. Of i went to a BP station and in fact went to one each side of the road and both had the same problem as the Tesco one, let even more air out!!! Thinking I must be doing something wrong, I tried it on another wheel and pushed the pin in on the hose, No air. Still the same so i went home and used a foot pump all ok now. Even after refunding me , neither of the stations put an out of order sign on the machines.Most of the nozzles were bent or dented due to misuse as i have seen people just drop them on the floor instead of assisting them back into the machine.

Just a note of caution not to rely on them.

David

I'm like you and don't trust any of the retail sheds or oil companies with their fuel station facilities. One of my biggest gripes was with Shell who charged 50p/5mins of air at one of the outlets I used to use. That meant every time I used it, I got bullied off as soon as the last tyre was inflated by a local thug who wasn't prepared to pay the 50p as it only takes a couple of minutes. I complained to Shell staff three times and they just shrugged it off - couldn't care less. Never used them, or that company again.

As for the accuracy of the gauges, I was always dubious as to the service standards on those since comparing them with the readouts at the two MOT garages I use, so am now reliant on my own compressor and separate gauge.

Good thing that it runs on flats so no having to have carry a spare wheel in the rear or freezing to death putting gunk in. Amazingly other than a bump on the pot holes you wouldn't even notice it was flat. No pulling on the steering etc

David

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links