Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tracking

miqe

I recently replaced front tyres at 25000 miles.

At the same time the Tyrespot mechanic told me that the tracking needed to be adjusted. The car had been regularly serviced by a main dealer.

Since the change the steering at speed has been much less sensitive.

I thought the sensitive steering was a quirk of the car. I now think the tracking has been wrong ever since I bought it 4 years ago. Does anyone else think the car's handling is a bit skittish at motorway speeds?

They are not skittish with the tyres at the correct pressure and the tracking correct IMO.

25,000 miles is pretty good on original tyres IMO.

Are you now on exactly the same tyres brand wise as were on orginally,

and have you checked and set your tyre pressures to suit your requirement,

ie the same as you had for the past 4 years?

Did the tyre fitting centre do the Tracking adjustment for you?

george

Hi George,

I asked them to swap rear wheels for front as they still had 5mm of tread left. The new tyres are not the same brand but I researched them and got the best all rounder. No pun intended. Yes they did the tracking adjustments.

I always check tyre pressures as they never get it right.

The car feels much more stable in all areas now.

• Like 1

Yep... Miqi,

After my iQ had it's first winter wheels.... somewhere after 7 months...on the road it was little nervous and it tended to feel like going left... and looked like the steering-wheel was on 48 for and 18 after the clock.

I told the dealer this...and they scheduled a lining of the car... After that was dealt with, the car was perfect...

So I think that the car aligned itself un-properly after some time it was used... And no.. I never hit a curb or big bump or so...

Because a front-wheel driven car... the wheels are put somewhat outwards..so when the power kicks in, they are forced innerwards ... maybe the tear and wear of the grip on the tires has something to do with it?

Just think about this. The car was OK before having tyres fitted and tracking done? I would suggest one of two things

1: A problem with the tracking, you went 25K without problems, but now it has been done you do have a problem :g: It would not surprise me if somebody had screwed up the tracking to be honest

2: Problems with one or both new tyres

What make of tyre do you have? Some budget tyres cause all sorts of handling and balance issues

no point in looking any further until you have investigated what was just done

Kingo :thumbsup:

Does anyone know if dealers check the tracking at services. I wish I'd had it checked before now. I kind of made the presumption that they would.

I have had two Goodyear duragrips fitted by the way. Supposed to be better than the originals which were Bridgestone Ecopias (now on the front).

I don't know about winter tyres.

I never had any problems last year. The car just 'bounced' along happily through all the slush and snow in the bad winter last year.

I suppose it depends where you live and how hilly and how deep the snow is.

I live about 500 feet up and it's pretty level.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links