Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Iq Ceasing Production In 2014 ?

FROSTYBALLS

Having been on holiday for two weeks, I've been catching up on my motoring magazines since the weekend.

The boss of Aston Martin, when talking to the press about the Cygnet, stated that they didn't wish to invest more money in the Cygnet as Toyota were ceasing production of the IQ in 2014.

The Dutch Toyota importer has also said they've heard from Toyota that production of the IQ for Europe will cease in 2014.

Toyota have denied the IQ will end production in 2014.

However, when one considers the new Aygo will be introduced next year, which presumably to compete with cars like the Up/Mio/Citigo and the new Hyundai i10, will be better quality and better equipped, will there be sufficient sales volume for the IQ in Europe?

As regards the US and Pacific Rim markets, the IQ is Toyota's city car (the Aygo is Europe only), so if the IQ were dropped from European markets, that is not to say production of the IQ will stop.

Exchange rates have made it expensive to export goods from Japan to Europe so they have a hard time competing with similar products either made locally (Europe) or Korea etc.

So I'm reading it as the IQ remaining in production but possibly no longer exported to Europe. If so it's a shame as I think that it's a great city car but it is expensive here for what it is.

• Like 1

I really hope that isn’t true. I had intended on having another iQ once my lease deal ends May 2015. This time an iQ3 with leather !

For me the iQ is perfect and I would be reluctant to change to another manufacturer/ model.

Maybe something else will tempt me in year or so. But if I am still doing a 7 mile commute and
regular trips into Bath, Bristol etc. I find it difficult to think of a better suited car.

I think maybe more important from Aston Martin would be if they confirmed they sold 250 Aston Martins Cygnets.

(mostly to them selves)

& that only 68 Cars are Road Taxed in the UK.

Thats seems to have little to do with Toyota stopping iQ production or not.

I think Toyota should get on with the EV iQ, they have not missed the boat.

In Norway the 'Tesla Model S' was the top selling car in September, outselling the VW Golf.

& in October it is the 'Nissan Leaf' that has taken the place as Top Seller.

george

• Like 1

In the summer we were down at our Toyota dealer we use re our Rav4. Our sales rep happened to say that they were told Toyota were expecting to stop production of the iQ before our existing car was due to end its finance period. It ends in April 2015, so it sound like there's possibly only a year of production left then :ermm:

• Like 1