Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Don't Buy A Toyota Auris Excel Hybrid.

geo13647

Oh and since some of you have brought up the subject of instruments. I agree - some of the later designs Toyota has used are really questionable.

Nothing I've seen so far beats the Optitron instruments in the 2002-2007 Corolla. I more or less bought that car because of them.

Honda still do some very similar instruments, with plenty of space and crisp contrast. (here are some - not mine)

My current 2010 Auris HSD looks cheap by comparison and they only put even numbers on the scale (ie 20, 40, 60 etc) but failed to even bold the lines for the odd number speeds. So between say 40 and 60 you have three identical lines. Now, of course it's not rocket science to work out that the middle line represents 50 but when you are driving and only glance at it for a fraction of a second it is just that little bit less intuitive. This just seem plain daft for the sake of making the odd number marker lines slightly bolder.

Toyota continued to offer Optitron instruments in some versions of the first generation Auris right through until 2012.

RIght - and my Auris HSD has Optitron as well. It's just that they are not darkened like on the Corolla. I liked the instruments that lit up in that black void.

But there we go again; I'll never be 100% happy. This is really a minor gripe.

Glad to see Mr T seems to have fixed the dead Battery issue.

Similar gremlins seemed to plague the first gen Lexus RX400h. Ours could suddenly decide to discharge itself overnight or from one moment to the next. Like once when we where waiting in line to board the ferry. Very timely!

• 11 months later...

Well, this thread has stamped out some of the joy of picking up my Auris TS Icon this Wednesday. I thought I'd done plenty of research but hadn't come across the heating issue. We bought the Auris TS for our dog who will ride in the boot, so if the rear passengers are cold it sounds like she'll be frozen.

My car is the 2013 UK model, I assume there haven't been any rear vents installed since this issue was found? I won't be able to fully test it until the weather gets cold but I'm hoping there's some way of aiming or adjusting the front vents to get warm/cold air to those in the back.

We bought this car to future proof ourselves as we expect to have a family too in the next couple of years.

Well, this thread has stamped out some of the joy of picking up my Auris TS Icon this Wednesday. I thought I'd done plenty of research but hadn't come across the heating issue. We bought the Auris TS for our dog who will ride in the boot, so if the rear passengers are cold it sounds like she'll be frozen.

My car is the 2013 UK model, I assume there haven't been any rear vents installed since this issue was found? I won't be able to fully test it until the weather gets cold but I'm hoping there's some way of aiming or adjusting the front vents to get warm/cold air to those in the back.

We bought this car to future proof ourselves as we expect to have a family too in the next couple of years.

Sorry, I haven't read this whole thread. What heating issue? Many cars don't have rear vents. I would have preferred to have them but no one in the back has complained in my car so far.

Yes, you can adjust vents to blow to the rear. Just like any other car without rear vents.

Sorry, I haven't read this whole thread. What heating issue? Many cars don't have rear vents. I would have preferred to have them but no one in the back has complained in my car so far.

Yes, you can adjust vents to blow to the rear. Just like any other car without rear vents.

Maybe I'm taking it to be a bigger problem than it is, but from what I was reading on this thread some are basically saying that in their experience the rear passengers feel like they're in a different place in terms of temperature.

I knew that it didn't have rear vents in terms of those that the passengers can adjust, but I didn't know that most cars have hidden vents under the front seats that blow the warm air into the back. From what I was reading on here it's almost unheard of for newer cars not to have this.

Still, nice to see someone who doesn't find it an issue - with any luck I'll feel the same!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

... I didn't know that most cars have hidden vents under the front seats that blow the warm air into the back. From what I was reading on here it's almost unheard of for newer cars not to have this.

I had underseat vents on Vauxhall Cavaliers since in the mid1980s and every car since until I bought a Toyota in 2000.

I have been gobsmacked at some equipment that used to be missing on Toyotas until quite recently, such as heated mirrors (had those since mid 1980s on other cars too) - even a top of the range Yaris I bought in 2011 didn't have them. Strangely, while my 2002 Prius didn't have them, Mk 1 Prius sold in Portugal did! (but I doubt they were ever needed)

In 2000 I actually paid £14,000 (after £2,000 discount) for a very heavily loaded Yaris (including a very early SatNav), and couldn't believe it didn't have a boot light, glovebox light, locking glove box etc, that had been standard on cheapo cars 50 years ago!

The 2012 face lift Prius finally got electric folding mirrors too, but a friend's grotty Fiesta had these 10 years ago - and they worked from the central locking too, unlike my Prius!

While the rear vent is a shame I'm looking forward to having a light in the boot - the almost top spec Ibiza I'm trading in doesn't have one and I've fumbled round looking for what I was after many times.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links