Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Disabling The Seat Belt Alarm On A Iq

bobkneale

I'm amazed how my post has raised so many (other) issues, It's seems that the only solution presented is the false seat belt buckle one.

Thanks all your help everyone !

As david states in another post, as follows:

------------

The ear piercing piezo of the second stage seatbelt alarm. Why so loud? NEVER Heard one so loud. Its meant to be a reminder not damage your hearing. Measured it at 102db at 2 feet. Must be illegal. Got a local young girl to scream and that was 98db at 1mtr.

------------

Hence the reason for me asking for Ideas at the beginning of this post to disable it !

• Like 1

I'm amazed how my post has raised so many (other) issues, It's seems that the only solution presented is the false seat belt buckle one.

Thanks all your help everyone !

As david states in another post, as follows:

------------

Got a local young girl to scream and that was 98db at 1mtr.

Not even going to ask how you managed that :o

• Like 1

The alarm drives me nuts too. I have to undo my seat belt to get through the security barrier my work's car park, and I don't have time to do it up again before the barrier goes down, therefore I drive through the car park with an extremely annoying and loud shrieking. I'd love to be able to shut it up. I also find !Removed! annoying the 2 loud bleeps that you get when you get out of the car and leave the engine running, as I often have to do to let the kids out. Can this be disabled?

• Like 1

I'm sure there is a way for us to disable this alarm without going to a Toyota dealer and proving that you are "disabled" for them to be able to connect to the IQ's computer to do it.

Nothing is impossible, its just a question of knowing the "How"

At the moment the "How" is unknown to those who read these posts or perhaps someone knows and does not want to post the solution here ?

The only "simple" solutions presented so far are to buy a seatbelt clip and use it as a dummy to trick the computer into believing that the seatbelt is fastened, then of course take it out when on a public road and put your seatbelt on.

If you can't lean forward it would suggest you have a faulty belt mechanism.

Nik.

Personal choice i guess. To be honest for me if it was a gentile reminder then it wouldn't "P" me off so much. It is abnormally loud at the second stage. My Verso isn't like that at all, or any other car i have driven for that matter

BTW there are some steep roads near me with a giveway at the top, that pin me to my seat when i reach it and i cant lean forward to see oncoming traffic without struggling to release the belt first!!

David

There are members with other models who have posted methods they have used to disable the audible seat belt warnings.

Its not faulty just an annoying feature of inertia seatbelts. If i approach the junction slowly all is well but 25mph to the top and break quick to give way = panic

David

Has happened to me too, There is a road I sometime use that has a junction at the top of a hill. The belt locks as it should but as the cars at an angle there is little you can do to release it!

Happens in other cars too, not just the iQ.

Craig.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links