Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mud Flaps

s m smith

Well after 6 very happy years with my corolla i decided trade it in and take the plunge and get a rav , it came with no mudflaps so i have decided to fit them myself, i picked them up from my local toyota dealer yesterday, i have had a quick look at how to fit them but it looks like i need to drill some holes, obviously i really dont want to be doing that, has anyone fitted them , and did you need to drill holes to attach them to the vehicle

Mine fitted straight on, just offer them up, and you should see the screws that you will need to remove to fit the new mudeeez! Welcome to RAV life.

Thanks for the reply's, did offer the mudflaps up to the wheel arch and the screw holes were in different a position , will have another look at the weekend,

You did get 4.3 flaps, and not 4.2? :ermm:

There are different versions of the mud flaps, so it is possible you may have the wrong ones for your particular Rav.

Gus

P.s. Fill out your profile with a little more Rav detail before you get grizzled at :)

got the flaps from my local toyota dealer who i bought the car from, so i would have thought they would have given me the right ones, in hind sight i should have got them to put mudflaps on before i bought the car :wacko:

As Gus is suggesting, very easy to get the flaps for wheel arch extension cars mixed up with those without extensions, and apart from Kingo, some of our Parts Techs are not infallible......

As Gus is suggesting, very easy to get the flaps for wheel arch extension cars mixed up with those without extensions, and apart from Kingo, some of our Parts Techs are not infallible......

"...apart from Kingo......" You looking for free golf balls or something BK??

• Like 2

Free....? Naw Jim......twelve.......!

• Like 1

You do have to "make" some holes. If you look carefully when you offer up the floodmaps you will see some tiny dimples moulded in the bumper. This is where you either just send the bolts in as indicated or place those metal "spire speed clips" that come in the kit. However, you don't have to drill, you just start the bolt and it will make its way through the bumper with ease.

Front

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/%7BFA8F5A8E-32FC-47BE-050E-2898AD1932FC%7D/Front%20Mudflaps%20set%20PZ416-X0960-00%20AIM%2000516-1.pdf

Rear

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/%7BBFD2C93E-6565-63AF-9D8F-5564F9566565%7D/Rear%20Mudflaps%20set%20PZ416-X0961-00%20AIM%20000%20517-0.pdf

I bought a full set of genuine Toyota flaps recently and was amazed at how well they fitted ! They have IMO transformed the look of the car !!

I bought a full set of genuine Toyota flaps recently and was amazed at how well they fitted ! They have IMO transformed the look of the car !!

Now keep a look oot for good nick sidesteps, Jase........work like full length mudflaps on sides of yer Rav and catch or divert some amount of road crud min.

• Like 1

Now keep a look oot for good nick sidesteps, Jase........work like full length mudflaps on sides of yer Rav and catch or divert some amount of road crud min.

Second that. We had the side steps on both our 4.2's and they were a Godsend, especially at this time of year.

I washed the new RAV today for the first time (normally my son does it to help mitigate his excessive expense!) and I was shocked & stunned (as oor Billy would say) at the amount of road excrement that had attached itself to the lower extremeties in only a few days. Side steps are next order of business, I reckon.

Just have to decide whether to go for the traditional ones as we had on the 4.2's or the newer, flashier ones. I know that the older design are not subject to any corrosion/discolouration but seem to recall some posts on here a while back regarding rusting on quite new steps.

Any updates appreciated.

• Like 1

Not rust, Jamesy, but methinks AnchorDon got it right.......it's the toaty wee dods of metal filings which the front brake pads expel every time you push the brake pedal lying on them......then sometimes it rains and THEY are the bits that rust, leaving an ugly stain of brown on the steps. A certain acid free wheel cleaner Oor Hoovie gave me cleaned it off my REPLACEMENT Premium sideys, after which I sealed them with Collinite 476s and staying clean thus far (9 months.)

IMHO the previous style sideys look their age now, so go for the Prems......and ask to get them hame and seal them prior to fitation on yer vehicle, min.......?

They left the Italian factory with a coating that registered "9" on a paint thickness guide I witnessed being used on them......Charlie, I presume 9 means approximately wan layer of dust equivalent.....? LOL.

Expect dave m on any time soon, insisting they are "sacrificial anodes"......ah'm sure he's a Trekky too.....

......ah'm sure he's a Trekky too.....

Yes I can confirm that he is indeed a Trekky

Live long and prosper.

A certain acid free wheel cleaner Oor Hoovie gave me cleaned it off my REPLACEMENT Premium sideys.

And the name of it is? For the poor rsouls that didn't get a replacement set?

Gus

A certain acid free wheel cleaner Oor Hoovie gave me cleaned it off my REPLACEMENT Premium sideys.

And the name of it is? For the poor rsouls that didn't get a replacement set?

Gus

Sorry Gus.......it's buried in a garage cupboard........will dig it oot and report.

Just got one thing say regarding mud flaps... Damn the exhaust position on a 4.3. One rear flap is thinner than the other to avoid the exhaust.

I always notice it and it gets on my !Removed!.

• Like 3

Gets on mine too crusty - big time. I'm sure they don't need about a foot clearance - a flippin' cut out would have done.

Would/could the rear mud flaps from a Toyota LC fit ? or be adapted to fit ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links