Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Iq

Chrille

Hello fellow toyota iq drivers!

First off all sorry for my bad spelling...

My car the 2009 toyota iq 1liter engine 5 gear manual transmission.

I'v gotten my iq now about 4 months and love it but im missing some things in it.

The first thing i want to put in is the tns510 stereo. Does anybody now if it is just to switch it from the old one? Or do I nead new cable's? I would also want to now were I can by the plastic frame with the seatbelt lights.

The secondary thing I want is a cruise control unit. Is this possible for my car? It happens that I drive long distances.

The final thing I nead better headlights. The stock light relly sucks on the swedish roads.... I've been thinking off buying xenon lights butt I cant find out which ones I can have.

I've looked for all this things on google but cant seem to find any off them... please help thank you!

post-134976-0-17727300-1385900469_thumb.

In some cases you have to modify the bulb probes to fit. Lightly sand down the probes and it will fit. I'm sure there is a guide on here by a member who's done this before

I will be taking delivery of an IQ this week, and wish to have the stock bulbs replaced at the earliest convenience. Therefore was looking at different websites looking for headlight bulbs.for IQ and all of them (that i browsed) list H4 as the type of headlight bulb for IQ. My response regarding the type was based on that ... apologies if I am / was wrong!

If you have the user manual, it should list the type of headlight bulb used somewhere in technical specifications.

Guess I will also defer my purchase until I have my hands on the manual and know for sure which one to buy.

Sorry!

Are u sure? My bulb does not look like a h4....

on a closer look, the snap shows 9012 marking ... in other words .. HIR2 / (9012) ...

I believe the HB4 is correct as we bought a set of xenon bulbs of this particular spec but had to 'trim' the probes in order to make them fit snug.. which makes me believe the HB4 is incorrect. Most websites list the HB4 but I don't believe it IS the correct fitment. When I bought mine a good year ago, I remember being told on here, that, the actual proper spec of the IQ bulb is mega expensive (£40 or so). This is similar to my friends Renault Clio 172, he forked out £52 for one xenon!!

I could be wrong but the HB4 definitely isn't a 'straight' fit. I'm looking to replace mine soon for winter so will report back on my findings as well and try to assist this matter further :cheers:

Here's a few links of past 'bulb' threads for any assistance...

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/135615-headlamp-bulbs-hir2-phillips9012/page-2

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/126072-headlight-bulb-type-h4-or-h7/

I'm not sure if the early iQ's had the H4 or not? Mine was first registered in January 2011 and has the HIR2 bulbs. Many websites seem to list the wrong bulb for some reason if when you select by model model.

Aprccieate all the help! Any suggestions on my other questions? It does not have to be the tns510 radio maybe I could putt in an other? But I need to know if I need new cables. Does any body know were I can get the plastic frame though?

It's not just the base fitting that can be different, the focal length could well be different causing a different beam pattern. You know like with a torch that you can adjust the beam with?

My 2010 iQ has HIR2 bulbs, H4's will definitely not fit and the H4 bulbs are twin filament bulbs with a main and dip beam filament. The HIR2 bulbs are a single filament bulb.

I too don't know why websites state H4 bulbs as that is completely wrong.

I'm keeping the HIR2 bulbs as I find them perfectly adequate. The iQ does have light levelling next to the steering wheel so you can adjust the beam yourself from inside the car.

Craig.

As for the navigation take a look at this site and search by "iQ" vehicle type and then "navigation systems" under accessory types.

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/Aim/Aim.aspx?pubtype=AIM&menuitem=1

That gives the fitting instructions for all the accessories for the iQ but be aware of the price. I got a price for the dashboard plastic housing and that was a few hundred pounds and then add the cost of the TNS unit on top and it was over £1000 to add the navigation system. You really need to want it for that cost and I found an £80 TomTom navigation was far more sensible and it can be taken in other cars and kept if you sell the car in the future.

There are various after-market cruise control systems too. I have looked at these and they are quite easy to install when you have an electronic throttle like the iQ. Do a quick google search for "cruise control kit" and see if you find anything.

Craig.

• Like 1

Okay, Looks like HIR2 (9012) is the specified type for the OP's IQ (and the 60 plate IQ that I hope to take delivery of sometime this week). As aaronfife has suggested HB4 (9006) can be "trimmed" to fit.

Not sure if it is just me, but I can't find anyone selling HIR2 bulbs in the UK. Even the ones advertised on eBay are from the US / Hong Kong, Thailand etc.!! :dontgetit:

We have recently moved to a rural area and the stock bulbs on the Gen2 Prius were a disgrace on the unlit narrow roads. Had them replaced with Osram Nightbreaker Plus recently and am driving more comfotably and confidently. Was hoping to to upgrade the stock bulbs on the IQ as soon as we pick it up from the dealer this week but looks like it is going to be a difficult and also an expensive upgrade.

I don't think the bulbs are at fault, all the specs lead you to believe they are about the brightest (in lumens) thhat you can get withou going HID. I think it is poor reflector design or compromise, due to the fact is is a solenoid active reflector for High Beam.

I went this route as I'm not a keen fan of HIDs, the number out there now with dazzleing HIDs is ridiculous.

See page 2 of my thread http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/129583-soeleys-iq/page-2

I always wondered if I could get the front fog lights to come on with the main beam to act as spot type lights?

I have never seen the point in front fog lights, have never thought they improve things in the fog and I get so wound up with the number of people who drive around with them on all the time! :disgust:

They would be far more useful to me if they were spot lights.

Craig.

The thing with the iQ fog lights is they do nothing to aid your visability! I think the only thing they do is allow other driver to see you better. I the fog now I find it better to just use the Head Light Level thumb wheel and lower the baem angle, it doesn't light up the fog in front of you as much. I the 80's whe I had my Mini I had some cheap Ring fog loghts fitted and thet really did make a difference, the beam wa low and thin and wide and it did cut through the fog. I think now-a-days fog lights are just for show :(

As for the navigation take a look at this site and search by "iQ" vehicle type and then "navigation systems" under accessory types.

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/Aim/Aim.aspx?pubtype=AIM&menuitem=1

That gives the fitting instructions for all the accessories for the iQ but be aware of the price. I got a price for the dashboard plastic housing and that was a few hundred pounds and then add the cost of the TNS unit on top and it was over £1000 to add the navigation system. You really need to want it for that cost and I found an £80 TomTom navigation was far more sensible and it can be taken in other cars and kept if you sell the car in the future.

There are various after-market cruise control systems too. I have looked at these and they are quite easy to install when you have an electronic throttle like the iQ. Do a quick google search for "cruise control kit" and see if you find anything.

Craig.

Welcome Christian. Happy motoring. Hope you find what you're looking for. There's always auction sites for examples: http://r.ebay.com/XJGmjn

And here's one that sold (not working): http://r.ebay.com/44dDAR

Here's one that sold for GBP380/EUR458 fully working but with some cosmetic injury: http://r.ebay.com/RBCB58

Thanks for the post Craig, this has answered some of my questions too. I'd like the tns510 because it would be nice for passengers to alter the volume on the output and have a tidy satnav without the leads. I also find the steering controls a pain when I'm turning

Hello fellow toyota iq drivers!

First off all sorry for my bad spelling...

My car the 2009 toyota iq 1liter engine 5 gear manual transmission.

I want is a cruise control unit. Is this possible for my car? It happens that I drive long distances.

Having a cruise control unit installed is a possibility as there are after-market kits available.

e.g. - Gold Cruise from John Gold.

You'll need to find a seller / installer in your country.

Found one here in UK - http://www.conrad-anderson.co.uk/products/view/cc177250103/wizard:cruise-control