Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tyres! What's Your Yaris (Or Other, Less Ossom Car :d) Shod Wi

Cyker

Yes, weak and puny tyres! Fear the awesome power of my 1.4 litre diesel Yaris!!! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got mah new tyres!

It always feel so amazing when you get new tyres, esp. in slightly slippy wet conditions as we're currently having!

These tyres are a lot more blocky than the Contis so they should do slightly better than the Contis if it snows, but I anticipate them being a lot noisier on the motorway and probably a bit less stable at cornering in the summer.ll be when they wear down as I noticed

I have already noticed they track a straight line better than the CPC5s were tho'!

Got my winter tyres last Thursday. Dunlop Winter Response 2's. Although we haven't had any snow or ice, so far I'm impressed. Maybe a tad less grip on the mild days compared to the summer Dunlops but not noticeable in normal driving. Noise is certainly no worse than the summer tyres - maybe slightly quieter if anything. Fuel economy seems about the same.

I have noticed that it's much easier to pull out of junctions without wheel spin when it's cold or the road is a bit slippery (still quite a bit of mud at the end of our road from where the path was dug up for a new gas pipe). On the cold mornings we've had, it also feels like it has a bit more grip in corners and on roundabouts. Don't think it's just down to it being new rubber - the old ones still had 5-6mm of tread left.

Just have to wait to see if we get any snow now to really test them out.

As i sit here at my desk the tyre man is on his way to fit two new Dunlop SP Blue Response to my Yaris, i had two Arrowspeed fitted last week but discovered the rears are much worse after managing to fishtail on a wet roundabout on Sunday !

Wow, so glad I got those tyres fitted when I did!

The drive home today was epic - Pitch black, torrential downpour, sideways rain, sideways lightning (!!) :eek: :D

Gave me a good opportunity to put these new tyres through their paces! :naughty:

They aren't as confident through wet corners as the Conties, but are very stable under acceleration and braking with good grip. The aquaplaning resistance feels up there with the Conties, although I had a lot of wheelspin when I was trying to accelerate with one wheel on some muddy white line after having to stop and pull over to let people past a broken down car, but that was probably mostly down to the muddy debris on the white line.

Felt very nice and stable ploughing through standing water and rain-filled ruts, much better than with the worn-down CPC5s but not quite as nicely as new CPC5's. :)

I'd say they are not far off my old CPC2E's, mainly losing out to them in wet corners. The CPC5's beat both of them when new, but it's hard to rate them highly when they wear out so fast!

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't yet had to fit tyres to my Yaris but over the last couple of years I've changed tyres several times on my Skoda, done 50k in it. - Though it will obviously wear differently with its 1.9 diesel engine.

Going by that, however, I've noticed that the Michelin energy saver+ wear terribly fast. Contisport 5 seem good so far, but I've only had them on the rear so less wear inevitable. Conti TS850 winters were great, probably got 3 winters out of them. This year went for Uni MS+66 winters, so far no problems and previously Uni Rainsport2 which were pretty much on par with the Contis as far as braking and handling, probably better on wear as well. I think in future I will stick with Uniroyal as the price differential IMO vs the limited additional performace isn't worth it. I have an odd sized and more expensive tyre at 195/55/15, Conti is 30% more expensive than Uni.

Yeah, I been thinking of trying some Uniroyals for my next set as lots of people here rate them well :)

Curiously I found they tended to be more expensive than the Contis; e.g. the Conti Premium and Eco Contacts were generally about £5-10 cheaper than Uniroyal's Rain Experts.

Not on my Yaris but after a lot of research I've recently put a pair of Nokian WR A3 winter tyres on the rear of my other car, which was somewhat tail happy. They seem to have good reviews (including one user who had them on all through last year) and are reasonably priced. So far they seem to be sticking my tail to the road very well :)

Not a bad idea! Presumably even winter tyres wouldn't do too badly in summer if they're on the back wheels so the wear won't be too bad.

• 3 weeks later...

I like my marangonis winter tyres, originally bought for a Honda Jazz, thought I'll try them on the Yaris last winter since they were almost the same fit with only the speed ratio (55 rather than 60) being slightly different, absolutely no problems and they are life savers when driving in winter. I was ****** off last week when one of them went flat only two months before they're due to come off after 3.5 years.

On my wife's 53 plate Yaris we've got Pirelli SnowControl II tyres. This will be our third winter with them and they've been brilliant.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links