Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Picking Up A Used Iq2 Soon - What All Comes With It?

sushd

Couldn't find a user manual online and I am buying from a private dealer, so don't know what all should I get along with the car on four wheels, V5C and tax disc.

Appreciate if owners / users can help:

My list:

1. Service book.

2. User manual.

3. Folder to keep the manuals in.

Any other manual / mandatory leaflet?

4. Locking wheel nut key

5. Locking wheel nut key box?

Does it come with:

6. jack (and jack handle)?

7. Tyre repair kit?

And what (all) else ......

Many TIA

The following July 2010 brochure should answer some of your queries - http://www.motorline.co.uk/toyota/pdfs/brochures/iq.pdf

In my experience as regards the locking wheel nut tool, that should come in a plastic box with the original four non-locking wheel nuts.

If you have the TNS510 or the "new" TNS 350 sat nav then it too should have a manual

David

No Sat Nav in the iQ ..... have been tolerating the Toyota (read Terrible) Sat Nav in the Prius .... WILL NOT have it in another car! :)

Thanks Frostyballs ... but I know the options and upgrades that come with the car I am buying.

Wanted to know about the manual(s) / documents that come included and the other things like those mentioned in the list above.

Having searched through the forum, it appears the following should also be expected:

1. Wheel chocks (how many?).

2. Wheel nut wrench.

3. Tyre inflator

I also found mention of a "2 x side twist clip" for the oddment tray. Does anyone have a photograph of what these look like?

Picking up the car on Friday from 135 miles away, so any additions & confirmations will be much appreciated. Can't afford a trip back to the dealer to complain about something missing and/or travelling there again to pick up something later on.

TIA.

If not already mentioned,

1. Spare key
  2. Metals number tag, with key number on / or the key number

Under the rear seat there will be a foam insert with a jack, wheel spanner, air compressor and at least one fold up wheel chock, can't remember now if there are two of them. Chances are this has never been out the car but worth seeing it's there.

As you open the boot lid look just behind the lip and there is a small storage space with a lift up lid on it. Inside there will be two turn buckle clips as you mention above, one at each end that hold the compartment in place. If you remove these clips the storage tray lifts out and you can then see the above mentioned jack, compressor Etc underneath but this isn't how you get that out the car. Go to the front of the rear seat and there is a strap that you pull and the base of the seat will lift up. There is a storage space in there and under that is the foam insert for the jack.

Check the rear headrests are there. These often get taken out to improve rear vision and then lost in the previous owners garage. Mine are stored in the compartment under the rear seat.

You should have the printed, white handbook, service record, Etc. Mine was supplied in a nice soft folder but not sure if that was a dealer thing or supplied from new.

Two keys and hopefully a metal tag on the key ring with a key code on it.

If you have locking wheel nuts on the car check the key is there. Normally stored in a plastic container with 4 extra wheel nuts in the rear storage box. Might be worth trying that key on all four wheel nuts just to make sure it's correct before you need it on the road side.

There is a soft material, fold up cover that clips into place across the rear of the car and covers up what's underneath if you are carrying luggage. I have one but have never taken it out the bag so not essential but it was supplied with the car when new so should be there.

Think that's all I got but if I think of anything more I'll let you know. Enjoy the car. :)

Craig.

• Like 1

Yep, Forgot that. :)

There is a threaded towing eye that screws in the front of the car next to the numberplate if you should ever need it, normally stowed in the foam insert with the jack.

Craig.

Thanks everyone for your inputs. Much appreciated!

Here's the final list I have compiled:

Formal Paperwork

1. MOT certificate

2. V5C

3. Vehicle tax disc

4. Sales invoice

5. Insurance cover note (the 7 days insurance that dealers usually provide)

6. Breakdown cover note (if that is included in the deal; in my case it is).

Manual / guide

1. User manual

2. Service book

3. Folder / wallet for the above documents

And,

1. Two working Smart Keys with Battery, and the key number metal tag.

2. Locking nuts and key in a box.

3. jack and jack handle

4. Towing eye

5. Wheel spanner

6. Wheel chock(s)

7. Air compressor & tyre repair kit.

8. Oddment tray

9. Twist turn clips (2) to keep the oddment tray in place.

10. Rear seat head rest (2)

11. Fold up cover at the rear.

In my case, the following as well (as they were specified in the advertisement):

1. Carpet mats

2. Boot mat

3. Glovebag

Ready for the 135 mile train trip tomorrow to pick it up ... and then drive back home. I think I'll miss the cruise control tomorrow on the way back :)

• Like 1

Long day .. long drive ... finally got the IQ home!

One gripe ..... blind spot! :eek:

Okay, it appears that the previous owner lost one of the smart keys and had another one made (the pair that I have a got includes a white / ivory color key with "iQ" embossed on it, and another key which is black with no "iQ" embossed but looks the same in shape and size) and the metal key number tag was missing.

Though both the keys work (checked), is it an issue if I don't know / have the key number? Anyone knows ... ?

TIA.

I think the second key is normally a plain black one, well, mine was anyway. The nice cover with the iQ logo printed on it is just a thin self adhesive plastic skin. You can buy them in matching colours to stick onto the other key if you like. I have a blue key and the original silver key now.

Shouldn't be an issue without the key number, I've never needed it. There must be a record of it somewhere at Toyota's but so long as you don't loose the keys it shouldn't matter.

So, What do you think of the car, Post a picture. :)

Craig.

Oh, not worried about the color of the key casing.

I assumed that the black one might have been a duplicate one, given that the metal key number tag was missing.

Just want to be sure that not having / knowing the key number isn't going to be an issue or a security concern as long as I have both the smart keys in safe possession.

You are right, I have had the Prius for > 2 years now, and never had the need for the key number.

But unlike the Gen3 Prius which I believe has the same type smart key (proximity), the Gen2 Prius requires the smart key to be physically inserted in the key slot before it can be driven away. So, unsure of the new system .. and any security concerns, if any.

Mine also came without the number tag & two smart keys. I contacted the previous owner and he said it was with the keys, asked the dealer to double check but they said they didn't have it. I think you only need the number if you loose both keys ?

I also did not get a metal key tag with the number on, however the previous owner had written the key number down in the service book, so I have it, Check your documents in case the same has happened to you.

Re your gripe "blind spot" I only truly notice it when reversing out of a parking space in a car park, so take some extra care.

Sush, did you test drive an iQ before you bought this one?

Yes I did but only once and during daytime.

OH, on the other hand, test drove a couple of times and she says it's okay for her .. perhaps because she drives with the driver seat much closer to the steering wheel and in that position I think the B and C pillar don't obstruct her view when looking back.

But with the seat back, I did feel uncomfortable on the motorway yesterday evening. Only B & C pillar with a 2cm wide view in-between.

Saw a topic in the forum discussing ways to minimize blind spot. Guess I'll read it thoroughly and try the tricks mentioned in there.

Ah good, glad you did. You'd be very brave to buy a car you'd not had a go in before.

Test drove by chance, TBH!

Had OH not insisted on that day, I might not have driven it even once.

:)

Yes....But with the seat back, I did feel uncomfortable on the motorway yesterday evening. Only B & C pillar with a 2cm wide view in-between.

Yes, I don't like the mirror adjustment on the bulkhead and think it should be on the door fascia where the electric window controls are. At least then would be able to flick mirrors out much more easily when trying to overtake on mway etc.

With the mirror controls where they are, I often find I'm grappling around too much when trying to keep my eyes on the road. As a kinesthetic learner, this wouldn't happen if the controls were all together on the door arm rest.

Very true, Ian. I had the same thought on the 130 miles motorway stretch on the way back home that evening.

• 2 weeks later...

The blind spot will fade to nothing if you "fan" your mirrors so that they cover all of the arc behind the car.

Do the following:

1) Adjust the driver side mirror so that when your face is close to the driver side window, you can just barely see a sliver of the car's side in the mirror.

2) Adjust the passenger side mirror so that (when you look at it with your face in the middle of the car) you can just barely see a sliver of the car's side in that mirror.

3) Adjust the rear view mirror so that you see about half of the mirror covered with the image of the car's headliner, and the lower half covered with the image of the top half of the rear window centered in same. Doing this "extends" the view to the rear by a substantial amount.

Then, all you have to do is to get into the habit of using all three mirrors. Some have trouble with this, but once you get used to it, you can follow cars as they move across all three mirrors - as they disappear from one, they appear on the corresponding side or edge of the other mirror.

This method was the original intention of the guy who invented the dimming mirror. He fought for years to have all three mirrors included on cars for just this reason.