Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis 2012-Up 2.2 D4D Engine Issues

badboys44

Hi i would like to know if the new avensis has issues with the new d4d 2.2 engine like the previous model had with head gasket, hand brake failure. I ve heard that the new shape had a problem with the panoramic roof that i can crack. Have they already fix this issues

I dont know about the handbrake, id say it has been sorted, but the head gasket issue definately has from late 09 onwards. You will also have the security of toyotas 5 year warranty :donatello:

hadn't heard about any issues with the panoramic roof but you only get that on a T-Spirit Tourer.

Toyota do seem to be probably the best at looking after their customers should issues develop though.

Think as with any manufacturer, the warranty is reliant on having a well documented service history, especially if any of it is outside the dealer network.

Toyota do seem to support their customers more than most other manufacturers, but in the case of goodwill (ie requests for help with repairs when outside the warranty), a dealer network service history stands the best chance of goodwill being granted

Thanks everyone for your reply. But i will be exporting the car to mauritius and i dont think warranty will be of any use. Right i have the 2007 avensis saloon t3x with nearly 250000 miles and havent had any big problem with it. As some of my friend had lots of problem with their 2.0 and 2.2 diesel engine like head gasket issues, egr issues and so on. If the problem still exist i'll better go with the new 1.8 petrol engine. But you dont get the excel version in the 1.8 petrol. Its only available in the 2.0 or 2.2 diesel engine. Too bad. :(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links