Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Whistle From Passengers Window And Gearbox Selection

T-Spirit06

Hi all,

Ive noticed an annoying whistle coming from the passenger side window area whilst doing above 60mph, If I drop below 60 it goes, but anything up to 70 it stays..

Also I have problems selecting 1st with the clutch fully depressed when doing about 5-8mph when rolling up to a roundabout.. Its annoying as my car wont pull away in 2nd going so slow!

Any suggestions, or is this normal?

Thanks

The whistle from the windows can often be attributed to the small gap on the folding door mirror

There was a Toyota Service Bulletin issued to fill the gap with a foam like packing

Other than that you could join in and whistle along with it.......or turn up the radio! ;)

Not too sure about the clutch problem.....but hopefully someone will be along shortly who may offer advice

• Like 1

first gear is designed to be used from stop that's why you're having problems engaging while moving.

Second gear should work while the car is moving, maybe increase the revs.

Awesome thanks for the replies!

Would you happen to have a link to the bulletin? I've searched the net and can't find anything :(

And I will try that! Thanks :)

Awesome thanks for the replies!

Would you happen to have a link to the bulletin? I've searched the net and can't find anything :(

And I will try that! Thanks :)

Sorry Sam, I do not have a link to hand......but pop into your local toyota dealer and have a word with the service department.....They should be able to show you what is involved :)

Ah okay awesome :)

I will visit them sometime soon!

Thanks again!